Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Original D-1 by S.H. Knopf 1943 contract, heavily patched and modded, size medium

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Measurements to follow in the next few days, it's a standard size medium D-1 which fits a size 40.

The jacket is still structurally intact but fragile. Beautiful display piece at any rate. Although it's still possible to wear the jacket, I don't think it will take much for the hide to develop new rips.

Laquer finish is mostly gone, revealing the natural undyed sheepskin.

Luckily what's left doesn't dandruff at all. Some repairs are professional and apparently rather old, some are non-pro but well done, some are crude.

€75 plus shipping from Germany, preferably within the EU plus UK. Shipping within EU is €20.
Last time I checked shipping outside the EU (to U.S.) is possible but more expensive than under normal conditions because the postal service has upped to express shipment as mandatory.

PM me for queries, PP F&F please.

dHjIV4x.jpg

wcPFgmt.jpg

dbjOhdO.jpg

K0CwjiR.jpg

5hcSPfx.jpg

eT2AIzO.jpg

O71EOaL.jpg

7OUHyd9.jpg

zuoYC6H.jpg

A66NRy4.jpg

jjYMdrw.jpg

s0pW5mF.jpg

mdt5uN2.jpg

6zY7QjA.jpg

p3DnBr5.jpg

4ve5Qon.jpg

mcobIBg.jpg

Ly3O07B.jpg

DJuDXYT.jpg

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
TgCeBAJ.jpg

zYWp16R.jpg

ot5xejn.jpg

ZMODKBV.jpg

wMg1gzz.jpg

MND4wKI.jpg

L9L7nLT.jpg

jNTaJDN.jpg

bLWgi1O.jpg

suwH2Ik.jpg

HWS54LK.jpg

4IdbF9m.jpg

QaMRIX2.jpg

First image below: The label of this jacket, barely readable. Will update what the label says, I was able to decipher it. Basically it`s the same as the second jacket below (different jacket) except for the specification no.
The contract/order no. is the same.

D0tc9Hd.jpg

QKENPid.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Yeah I really should have added 'pic heavy' to the title. Sorry 'bout that. Somehow I can't find the title edit anymore.
I felt this jacket needs lots of pics, there's so much going on on that hide.

I'm not the kind of collector who puts his clothes in a frame but this one, it would actually make sense to do do, it's just beautiful.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Johnny. I forgot to mention, the jacket does not have any odours. It's actually wearable although I'd be cautious with sheepskin this old. As you can see in the photos, the shearling is worn down, in some areas more so than others, hence the heavily tilted liner shots to show the fleece. The fleece is still intact, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points