FS: Original D-1 by S.H. Knopf 1943 contract, heavily patched and modded, size medium

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Rabbit, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Rabbit

Rabbit Call Me a Cab

Measurements to follow in the next few days, it's a standard size medium D-1 which fits a size 40.

The jacket is still structurally intact but fragile. Beautiful display piece at any rate. Although it's still possible to wear the jacket, I don't think it will take much for the hide to develop new rips.

Laquer finish is mostly gone, revealing the natural undyed sheepskin.

Luckily what's left doesn't dandruff at all. Some repairs are professional and apparently rather old, some are non-pro but well done, some are crude.

€75 plus shipping from Germany, preferably within the EU plus UK. Shipping within EU is €20.
    Last time I checked shipping outside the EU (to U.S.) is possible but more expensive than under normal conditions because the postal service has upped to express shipment as mandatory.

PM me for queries, PP F&F please.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  2. Rabbit

Rabbit Call Me a Cab

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First image below: The label of this jacket, barely readable. Will update what the label says, I was able to decipher it. Basically it`s the same as the second jacket below (different jacket) except for the specification no.
    The contract/order no. is the same.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

very photo heavy, pictures just go on and on...but this jacket wow, that's extreme

Rabbit likes this.
  4. Rabbit

Rabbit Call Me a Cab

Yeah I really should have added 'pic heavy' to the title. Sorry 'bout that. Somehow I can't find the title edit anymore.
    I felt this jacket needs lots of pics, there's so much going on on that hide.

I'm not the kind of collector who puts his clothes in a frame but this one, it would actually make sense to do do, it's just beautiful.

5. Johnny J

Johnny J Call Me a Cab

Nik, you don't have to apologize. Many photos are good when selling IMO. Sometimes a seller only shows one or two photos, so this is very good!

6. Rabbit

Rabbit Call Me a Cab

Thanks Johnny. I forgot to mention, the jacket does not have any odours. It's actually wearable although I'd be cautious with sheepskin this old. As you can see in the photos, the shearling is worn down, in some areas more so than others, hence the heavily tilted liner shots to show the fleece. The fleece is still intact, though.

7. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

It reminds me of the jacket the French writer Celine used to wear.