Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Rare Vintage Schott Cycle Rider-4 Pocket Cafe Racer - Black - Size 44

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Black Vintage Schott Cycle Rider 4-Pocket Cafe Racer in very good to excellent vintage condition--tagged size 44.

There is no discernable edgewear on the leather of this jacket. There are maybe a handful (4-5 max) of faint, light surface markings that are the only signs of "wear" and you have to seek them out to see them. This jacket is nearly perfect. Even areas that normally show typical wear like the cuffs, waistband elbow areas and back of shoulders are free from wear. Quilted liner and sleeve liners are both flawless and very clean. All zippers are intact and functioning.

This model is a "Cycle Rider" made by Schott specifically for sale in Motorcycle shops. These models were produced with a "Special" Cycle Rider label (see photos). It features a 4 pocket front including 2 unique, angled, upper chest dual snap pockets and 2 more traditional hand warming pockets with hoop and chain pull zippers. The main zipper is a #10 Talon. Just a uniquely different look to this jacket than most Cafe Racers have with the 4 pockets complimenting the standing collar. The angled snap pockets are what set it off in my opinion.

Collar is a double snap design with back snaps to hold the collar tab back and out of the way when not in use. Collar Tab has an additional snap hole for another snap.

All other aspects of this heavy vintage jacket are in excellent and clean original condition. No holes, tears, seam issues or damage to the leather other than the stated minimal handful of small surface marks. No odors. All of my offerings are smoke free and come from a smoke free, pet free and mostly hassle free household.

Jacket has a pocket production tag (and label tag) indicating size only with stated size as 44. Jacket has not been worn by me but in trying it on, the fit is fairly as stated (a 44) but as Cafe Racers are designed for snug fit, please do not rely solely on the stated size and look to the measurements.

Measurements are as follows (as depicted in the attached photos--***I assure you that the measurements were taken closely and accurately though photos may look like the tape is off--this is merely the angle of the photo. Measurements are the key to proper fit and I try to be meticulous in measuring):

Pit to Pit: 22.5-23" (totally spread flat it hits 23" at the max)
Shoulder to Shoulder: 19.5"
Rear Length: 25.5"
Sleeve Length: 26"

Please closely view all photos for sizing measurements and overall jacket condition.
I am having to downsize my jacket collection and I'm posting a handful of mostly more vintage models here in the Lounge before they hit la Bahia. Thanks for your interest.

Asking: $200 obo Including Shipping to the Continental U.S.

***Please inquire about International Shipping if applicable***

Front View 1.JPG
Rear View 1.JPG
Spread Open Interior.jpg
Front Close Up.JPG
Label & Tag.JPG
Cuffs.JPG
Pit to Pit.JPG
Shoulder to Shoulder (1).jpg
Rear Length.JPG
Sleeve Length.JPG

Forum statistics