Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Schott 156 (or 157?) CR, size 42 - $135 shipped CONUS

Jumper

A-List Customer
After trawling the Schott website's threads, the best I can identify this jacket is to say that it seems to be a 156 from the early 1980s, though it could be a 157 from a bit later. I still can't tell the difference. Even Gail's responses to dating similar examples seemed to waver and change a bit over the years in regard to date detail clues, some of those clues being: plain double collar snap; label (though now missing) on liner but not on lining; non-V ring pulls on pockets; bell pulls on sleeves; two tags, each with only the size listed and nothing else. I am sure there are many here who can say something more definitive on the dating, so feel free to drop some knowledge.

A catch and release. Fits me pretty well everywhere but the shoulders. My shoulders slope more than the jacket's shoulders do, and the tops of the sleeves drop straight down about an inch before actually touching my arms; so when I move my arms, a crease or sort of "dip-in" forms right at the top of each sleeve, especially on the left sleeve where the hide is so supple. I'm probably being too precious about it, but it looks weird to me, and once I saw it, I couldn't unsee it.

Tagged size 42. Brown naked cow, soft and supple to various degrees throughout, with the usual light scratches and other marks of wear. The leather around the inner neck area has darkened. No odors I can detect, other than that sweet, sweet leather smell. Talon main zip. PP/YKK liner zip. All hardware in good working order. Liner is in very good condition. As the liner label is now missing, "Schott" is not marked anywhere on the jacket, in case that's a factor to you.

The lining is in very good shape as well, except for a small hole inside the left cuff, and some light stains along both inner wrist/forearm areas. Both pocket linings intact, though with some pilling. One of the side adjustment tabs has a small notch in it.

Most egregious aspect: the Schotty stitching. Nothing loose, just some general wonkiness. In particular, midway down the left shoulder, there's some stitching that I think was placed there just for trolling purposes, giving that shoulder slope a slight "lift".

Approximate Measurements (without liner in):
Armpit to armpit: 23 1/4 inches
Shoulder width: 19 inches
Back length (not including collar): 26 1/2 inches
Sleeve length (measured straight): 25 3/4 inches
Weight (with liner in): around 4.5 lb

$135 shipped, continental US only, via PayPal F & F, please.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

20220518_150225.jpg

20220518_150937.jpg

20220518_150425.jpg

20220518_150520.jpg

20220518_151729.jpg
20220518_151745.jpg

20220518_151756.jpg

20220518_150826.jpg

20220518_150956 - Copy.jpg

More photos to follow...

Last edited:

BikerMan

A-List Customer
Hi. Can’t wait to add this to my collection. If it’s half as nice as the pictures I’m going to love it. Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana