1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

FS: Schott Horsehide Cafe Racer CM1 (L)

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Monitor, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

This jacket is without any doubt the best I've ever seen from Schott - Better than mostly anything else I've had, for that matter. Heavy black Italian horsehide. Vanson grade hide. Really tough and weatherproof. Best pattern on the market. Hourglass shaped, very trim fitting. Nothing Schott ever did or does is nearly as trim fitting and tapered. Long sleeves, shoulder gussets, two chest and one inside pockets, super heavy YKK main zipper, etc., etc.

So, if you're interested, let me know. If not, that's fine, too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Guppy

Guppy One Too Many

Is this the Schott x Confederate jacket that you've posted about?

3. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Yep, that's the one.

4. Guppy

Guppy One Too Many

It's gorgeous, but as a northerner I could never wear anything that says Confederate on it. Glws.

Tinytim likes this.
  5. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

I don't know, I rather be prepared if the South really rises again. :3 Lol no problem and yep, it is a really, really beautiful jacket.

Fonzie likes this.
  6. Gamma68

Gamma68 Practically Family

So tempting...

Monitor likes this.
  7. ksozay

ksozay A-List Customer

I’ve got a vanson trucker with your name on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monitor likes this.
  8. Bruce Kent

Bruce Kent Familiar Face

Let me know if you decide to sell it! Aaaaaaaaaaaand I’ll stop hounding you! :)

Monitor likes this.
  9. marmalademan

marmalademan Banned

It looks the business. Any idea how much it weighs? And how long is that mother?

Monitor likes this.
  10. Kuro

Kuro One of the Regulars

Really nice jacket.

Monitor likes this.
  11. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Decent weight, I think it's around 6 lbs. The hide is really thick. And yeah, you're right, forgot the measurements...

P2P (chest): 23" / 58 cm
    Waist: 19.5" / 50 cm
    Bottom hem: 21.5" / 54 cm
    Shoulders: 18.5" / 48 cm
    Sleeve length: 27" / 68 cm
    Back length: 26" / 66 cm

Acererak and marmalademan like this.
  12. Acererak

Acererak Familiar Face

I’ve got a Simmons Bilt Roadster in Horween Bison. Size 44 but it fits more like a 42, due to the thickness of the hide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13. marmalademan

marmalademan Banned

I've got the russet buffalo halfbelt that you've seen.. though I don't think those are on your radar.

How tall are you btw?

14. Lebowski

Lebowski One of the Regulars

Very like the jacket, but
    Oh no. Too long to me. Ton and Super would like the measurements though)

Monitor likes this.
  15. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

I'd talk to Acerak if I was you. That jacket he offers is one of formerly mine and that bison is one of my all-time favourite hides. Jacket is lined in nice and cozy moleskin too. I wish I hadn't been so stupid and bought the jacket in the right size. Now SB doesn't have any bison left...

Monitor likes this.
  16. Kuro

Kuro One of the Regulars

I came back a second time to say that is a nice jacket, again. I would trade with you if I did not have my Aero BR.

Why do they not make a cross zip like this? Probably have no choice but to have a custom Aero Ridley made for myself in the future...

GLWT!

Monitor likes this.
  17. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

If I remember right, they actually did make a CR in this red/black HH combo but can't remember which one it was for the life of me right now... All I know is that it looked really sweet.

18. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Gorgeous jacket but at 61cm chest, it'd be much too large. Plus I've already had two HWM jackets already - both of which I sold because they were too large - so the trade wouldn't be all that fun to me. Smart, sure but not as fun. But it's an absolutely stunning jacket.

I actually thought about it yesterday but eventually I'd just come to a realization that the jacket is too large and long. I really dig short jackets, part of the reason why I'm looking to trade this one in.

Lebowski likes this.
  19. Wdawg

Wdawg New in Town

That is a sick jacket. I'm sure you're gonna get a tonne of offers..

I have a size 42 Branded Garments CHP that is pretty chunky ~ 8lb with the liner, belt and mouton collar. I dont know if it's in the same league as that CR but I can put up some pics if you're interested?

20. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Got some great offers but nothing that 100% works for me. Got some shabby ones, too. Someone offered me a Wilson in exchange. Their reasoning was that a second hand Schott CR's are $250. Right.

To put things into perspective, this jacket was $940 in 2011. That's more than what either Aero or Lewis Leathers or mostly anything else used to cost back then. Today, it would probably cost over 1.5K. Rightfully so because it really is a definition of a high end jacket. The hide it's made of is 2x heavier than on the 618 I had. And 2x nicer. I haven't handled a CR, new or old that I would deem a worthy replacement which is why I don't want to trade it for another CR. It'll be a step down.

That's why I want to trade it. Just want something that I'll wear. Doesn't need to be in nearly the same price range.

I'd like to see that Branded. I've recently sold one, fantastic jacket. I think a 42 will be a bit too large but still... I'm interested.

If I didn't have one...

TheMarriedHermit and Kuro like this.