Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Size 7 5/8 Huckel Velour Homburg

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This hat has some of the finest velour hat I've ever touched. It's tight, smooth, thick and luxurious. The felt does have a relatively stiff brim which is appropriate for a homburg style hat (not stiff like a bowler but stiff like a western weight hat). The sweatband does have some wear to the writing on it but otherwise is in fine condition.

Huckel is one of the finest current hat makers out there, especially for velour hats.

I'm selling this because the shape of the hat is too regular oval for me and I don't have many occasions to wear a homburg. It's been sitting on my hat tree unused for too long.

Size: 61 (7 5/8) regular oval

Price: $120 shipped to the USA. International buyers just PM me and I'll let you know the shipping cost.

IMG_3256.JPG

IMG_3259.JPG

IMG_2783.JPG

more photos + measurements comin soon...

casechopper

Measurements:
Crown at highest point when open: ~ 5 7/8"
Crown opening front to back:8 1/8"
Crown opening side to side: 6 7/8"
Circumference from ellipse calculator: 23.6"
Brim width: 2 7/8" (appears smaller due to curl)
Ribbon Width: 1 5/8"

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I am sure you want to sell that hat, but both myself and my Husband are looking at it sitting on your head, and wow, you look real sharp wearing that hat.

TonyKC

New in Town
I agree with LoveMyHats2. Unless you need the money you may want to try to make that hat work for you. It does look good on you!

casechopper

Thanks lovemyhats2 and Tonykc (welcome to the lounge by the way). It is a great hat and I like the way it looks but it's a bit too round oval which makes it a tad uncomfortable for me to wear for a long time with my extra long oval head. I haven't worn it in a few months and I dislike leaving a nice hat like this just sitting collecting dust.

I'm not a collector (I keep saying this to myself though my collection of hats seems to contradict this) and I'd like to simplify my collection to a nice smaller rotation of hats that get regular wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112