FS - Thedi Flight Jacket (Brand New)

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Maxwell Von Chesapeake, Oct 13, 2021 at 11:37 PM.

1. Maxwell Von Chesapeake

Maxwell Von Chesapeake One of the Regulars

Hello Everyone,

I posted about this brown/teacore/vegetable-tanned cowhide jacket (Thedi model MTC-1279406) back in September when I first received it from Thurston Brothers, so some of you may have seen it then. This was my dream leather jacket, and I think it's absolutely beautiful, but something about it just doesn't suit my style. Maybe it's the fit (longer than I expected), maybe it's the color (darker than I expected), or maybe I'm just crazy (because I never take my pills). I want to love it, but so far I've only worn it once to Starbucks (which is next door to my apartment), and every time I leave my place I find myself grabbing literally every other jacket I own before even considering this one. As such, I think it's time to admit that this beauty just doesn't belong in my closet. I believe that leather jackets should be worn nonstop until the owner's death (at which point they should adorn the corpse inside the casket), and since that isn't happening here, it should go and live with somebody who'll give it the love it deserves. The sizing is as follows:

1) Chest - 20.25 inches

2) Shoulders - 17.50 inches

3) Waist - 18.50 inches

4) Sleeves - 23.50 inches

5) Back - 23.25 inches

From Thurston, this jacket cost $1,599, and I'm letting it go for $1,250 + shipping to anywhere in the United States. Sorry to everyone who lives outside the US, but I recently shipped a wrist watch to France, and it's been sitting in French customs for thirteen days straight, so now I'm extremely paranoid about shipping internationally.

Oh, and before I forget...the cowhide on this smells absolutely amazing. My girlfriend has spent more time smelling this jacket than I've spent wearing it, and that's not an exaggeration. I don't know how long that smell will last, but after being in my closet for more than a month, it doesn't show any signs of slowing down.

Thedi Niko Button-Up Hand-Dyed Brown Cowhide JG1 front.jpg Thedi Niko Button-Up Hand-Dyed Brown Cowhide JG1 olive cotton lining.jpg Thedi Niko Button-Up Hand-Dyed Brown Cowhide JG1 back.jpg IMG_4044.jpg IMG_4052.jpg IMG_4046.jpg IMG_4051.jpg IMG_4059.jpg IMG_4057.jpg Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 3.21.17 PM.png

JACK Z, Jin431, SaintsNorth and 7 others like this.
  2. JM7

JM7 New in Town

It’s too small for me but that is truly an amazing looking jacket

JACK Z, Nathan DePree and handymike like this.
  3. Maxwell Von Chesapeake

Thank you, sir!

4. CBI

CBI One Too Many

agreed, wish it was my size - what a great looking jacket!!!!!

5. Maxwell Von Chesapeake

Thanks, CBI. I'm definitely hoping to find it a good home.

6. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

That is Spectacular!!! :)

7. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One Too Many

Great jacket. Someone is going to grab it I'm sure. And I totally hear you. Sometimes they just don't work out and if you ain't going to enjoy it, it's got to go. I've hit pause a few times on shawl collar jackets. It's something I'd want to try on first before buying. But a lot of people can pull it off and it's an amazing look. GLWS

8. Maxwell Von Chesapeake

Thanks, I can definitely see someone rocking this jacket like a boss. And it's funny you should say that about a shawl collar, because a cossack jacket of some type is what's been percolating in my mind lately. I might drop by the Mister Freedom store in LA this week and try on their Campus jacket. Something tells me I can pull off the old-timey look a lot better than I can something modern.

9. Kunja

Kunja A-List Customer

So glad this one is too small for me. Awesome jacket.

10. tamz0r

tamz0r New in Town

op that jacket looks AWESOME on you and is a great fit. i hope you at least give it another chance or two; it might start to grow on you ;)

11. Merv

Merv A-List Customer

Brother, you're killing me! We must be the same size and another beautiful jacket! Is that a picture of you wearing it? If so, seriously... it looks great on you! That is a dynamite, awesome leather jacket. As much as I want that jacket, I just can not justify buying another leather jacket. Darn!

12. RILO

RILO One of the Regulars

JUST STUNING!!

13. Maxwell Von Chesapeake

Thanks, Merv! I really appreciate the kind words. And yeah, lol...I understand the feeling. I got that way with watches recently, and then suddenly it hit me that I had nine wrist watches and only two wrists. So I quickly offloaded most of them on eBay. I really want to get to the point where I have ONE watch and ONE leather jacket and ONE hat, etc. It's become this weird little fantasy of mine to completely unclutter my life.

14. Maxwell Von Chesapeake

Thanks, Rilo.

15. Merv

Merv A-List Customer

Exactly! These days I'm a little more discerning about what I buy, I'm on the verge of being more of a collector, rather than just a wearer. I don't really have much clutter in my life, per say... with an exception of those things that bring me joy, I like a well made jacket or pair of boots, a well built motorcycle or beautifully crafted guitar. All functional items, but aesthetically pleasing as well. That's how I justify owning multiple jackets. I'm pretty much at my limit now - I own and wear those jackets that I dreamed of, but someday... they will be passed along for someone else to enjoy.