Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Two 1930s-repro Polo Ralph Lauren suits, 41/42

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Do you love the vintage look but can't find or afford true 1930s suits in your size? I've got the solution for you.

Marc Chevalier has talked before about how, in the late 80s and early 90s, Ralph Lauren went through a period where he made clothes that were precise copies of 1930s clothes, and got the fit and silhouette exactly right. I have two of these suits, and they're beauties - as close to 30s DB suits as you can get without being the real thing.

Both have all the hallmarks of '30s styling: wide, peaked lapels, padded shoulders, nipped waists, unvented jackets, high-rise pants that are full-cut and wide-legged. They're both very well made with full-canvas construction and a good bit of hand sewing.

One is tagged 41R and the other 42L, but they fit very similarly and both have worked just fine for me.

Both are in very good condition, with no rips, stains, smells, holes, etc.

I'm asking $150 each, but I'd really like to sell them together, so if you take both it's $240. That includes shipping in the CONUS; shipping elsewhere will be extra.

PM me with any questions.

The first is a gray mid-weight wool fabric with a bead stripe. 6x2 button stance, pleated pants with side adjusters and brace buttons. I removed the belt loops but may still have them around and will include them with the suit if I can find them.

Measurements: Chest, pit to pit: 21.5" (43" total chest) Shoulders: 20" Length from bottom of collar: 30" Sleeves: 25.5" +1" to let down Trouser waist: 35" +1.5" to let out Inseam: 31" +1" to let down and 1.75" cuffs Outseam: 43" 10" across the bottom of the cuffs (20" circumference)

IMG_0931.jpg
IMG_0932.jpg
IMG_0933.jpg
IMG_0934.jpg

The other one is a great heavy-weight solid brown flannel. It was originally a 4x1 DB but I had my tailor add another buttonhole to make it 4x2; you can wear it either way or add two more buttons to make it 6x2. Pleated pants with brace buttons and belt loops.

Measurements: Chest, pit to pit: 22" (44" total chest) Shoulders: 19.5" Length from bottom of collar: 31.5" Sleeves: 25" +1.5" to let down Trouser waist: 36" +2" to let out Inseam: 31" +0.5" to let down and 2" cuffs Outseam: 42.5" 10" across the bottom of the cuffs (20" circumference):

IMG_0935.jpg
IMG_0937.jpg
IMG_0939.jpg
IMG_0936.jpg
IMG_0938.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
My goodness, those are incredible "modern" suits. I own a couple of Ralph Laurens products from the late 80's-early 90's and your absolutely right. During that time, he made EXACT copies of 30's era clothing. Both of those suits would literally fit me exactly. Now I just have to decide if I want to spend money on a suit this month......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails