Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Vanson Comet, Bates, Schott Black Horse & Denim Perfecto, + Mars

Ric.

New in Town
J, thanks for the quick response. I bought the Vanson used from an acquaintance. He called it "Mark2 Night Challenger". I don't know how old it is, but haven't seen it on their website. It has reflective piping, so maybe was special order. It's a damn nice coat & competition (heavy) weight. It measures P2P 19+, arm 23, back 24+. I should have said it's trim fitting, feels good when riding, but can't layer under it.
Thanx, Ric.

Those are certainly form fitting jackets. Very nice too.

My guess is that the Mars is close fitting but not to the degree of the form fitted Vanson sport bike jackets. I would measure the Vanson and bump it up to my measurements. The Schott is form fitting, especially around the waist. Snug and close fit.

Ric.

New in Town
Thanks for your help & education. I certainly don't 'need more Moto jackets, but yours caught my eye & interest like no others have on here.
Regards from Prescott area. If you ever ride this way give me a shout. I'll show you the back roads.
Ric.

The only jackets left are the Vanson Comet and Mars Kangaroo Brando. Significantly lowered the price:

Comet: $285 shipped US
Brando: $160 shipped US

Also adding two jackets at low prices:

Classic Motorcycle Jacket: $150 shipped US (I will add measurements soon, at work and just trying to get off the pot). Very few were built in the 80s by a former LL associate. Some design cues from LL and Cal. Reliable YKK zips. AB. Nice jacket. I just find myself in one of my Cals when I want this style. Some Pics.

Classic LAPD Front 2.jpg Classic LAPD Front.jpg

Taubers (?) Cross Zip: $150 shipped US
Awesome jacket, Talon brass zips throughout. Perfect condition. Leather-lined pockets. Wish it were a little bigger (P2P in the 22 range). Since I am not 100 percent on brand, get it at low price where I can recoup what I paid. It is an awesome cross-zip. Measurements later. Some Pics

Taubers CHP Front.jpg Taubers CHP Sleeve.jpg Taubers CHP Closeup.jpg

Looking at

Chest 22"
Back 24.5"
Bottom width 18.5"
Sleeve: measured it two ways-- around the curve 25.5-26" / straight 25"

I got distracted and forgot S2S. Will get that later but figure around 18.5-19". It does have gussets.

Edit:: 19” S2S

Thanks.

Last edited:

Whatever this is, it's absolutely brilliant. It looks deadly cool with that awesome home made vibe the smaller makers always have about 'em. Leather is beautiful, all the details & features are there, the jacket seems new and the price for this kind of quality cannot be topped.

I find it hard to believe it's still available. TBH it looks better than most Langlitz I've seen.

Without a doubt, it’s an incredible jacket. Very well made. If it fit well there is no way I would be offering it up. No way.

I am asking little bc I paid little for it on eBay. Don’t let doubt creep in bc of the low price lol. This is a great jacket.

The Black Horse is back up for sale. My bro came down from NY and it did not fit him (he packed on a few pounds since he settled down with one lady lol)

@Bjorn240

updated the P2P

P2P: 24”
Hem: 21.5”
S2S: 21"
Sleeves: 25" straight
Length: 26”

I forgot what I posted it for last time so let’s go $325 shipped. Conus. PP F&F.

Belt included.

note: all other jackets sold.

Last edited:

Bjorn240

One of the Regulars
Love this place - sometimes things just work out too perfectly. I was really bummed about missing out on this the first time. And ton312 emailed me a few weeks ago with a shot in the dark on gtrplyr’s old Vanson Model C. But I was hesitant to sell... and now the circle of life is complete! Or will be once the USPS gets their cut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko