Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Vanson Model AR3 - Size 42 (fit 40) - Sweden

GST

Familiar Face
Hello there!

This may looks a bit of deja vu and somehow it is.

Short story, I bought a 44 but it was too big for me. I listed here but did not sell it. Instead, while visiting some friends in USA, I swapped the jacket (with some costs of course) with a size 42 (the guys at Vanson are very nice, btw). This jacket is my size but it is too long on the back! Not a problem on a Monster (more forward position) but it does not work on a cruiser sitting position for me.

Here my plan, since I have another two trips planned to the USA in the coming year, if anyone would like to grab this one, I will order a custom one for me. Everything I learned on this jacket is on this website, including that this size 42 is equivalent to a size 40 (see measurements below).

Shoulders - 47 cm / 18.5”
Pit-to-pit - 56 cm / 22”
Sleeves - 67 cm / 26.3”
Zip Length - 51 cm / 20”
Back Length - 66 cm / 26”

Asking 550 EUR including optional back protector and insured shipping to Europe.

0j7RoJv.jpg

InGbikh.jpg

o8mKmoT.jpg

70NQ6i2.jpg

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Just throwing this up for your consideration - if you'e thinking about AR3, perhaps consider the Vanson X UnionGarageNYC V7 armored leather jacket as well? I have both and my customised AR3 is longer in the back than my V7. The V7 is UGNYC and Vanson's much tweaked, updated & upgraded take on the AR3. In fact Vanson brought out the AR3 when they first started discussing a classic leather armored moto jacket with UGNYC several years ago - I was there when UGNYC was discussing this with Vanson.

http://uniongaragenyc.com/shop/featured/union-garage-v7-jacket

GST

Familiar Face
Indeed! I am following your V7 post since the beginning @2wheelgrplr but I have not seen many fitting pictures (other than yours) to figure out if the cut of the V7 will work for me.

The Model A looks more "forgiving" and I like the history that brings with it (from Vanson website: The first jacket created by Vanson in the old loft in Boston). Of the V7 I do not like the chest pocket on the right instead of the left side (but that is just a small detail).

Bottom line, I will decide if and when I will sell this one but will keep an eye on the V7. ;)

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Happy that my V7 post was helpful. I guess this jacket is still too new to have many pics around on the Web. I hear ya about the Model A history - I really like that extra connection on my stuff too. And I still really like my AR3 (its customised a bit), despite having TWO V7 jackets!!! Best of luck on your sale. This is a great jacket, Vanson fan forever!

GST

Familiar Face
Thanks. And I am amazed how lucky you were being witness of the UGNYC and Vanson exchanges that led to the V7. It must be special in some many ways. And BTW, I wish Vanson had more models fitted with protections.

GST

Familiar Face
I cannot believe I had forgotten this one.

Jacket is still in my closet if anyone interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points