Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS Vanson Octagon Trucker 40 vgc

Vanson4thewin

One of the Regulars
Measurements
Pit to pit 21.5"
Shoulders 19"
Sleeves 25.75"
Nape to hem 23.75"

This was one of Constantine's final masterpieces. Sure they were my choices, but I basically followed all of his advice and preferences Inc. for thread, lining, and hardware. Damn I miss that guy.

A lounger can have it for £420 plus shipping via PP FnF pls. I can ship in the most sympathetic way possible

I have loosened it up a little bit but we couldn't yet say it's all the way broken in. From a smoke and pet free home. Listed on eBay too (where I have a long and immaculate selling history)

IMG_20220322_114033__01.jpg
IMG_20220322_113944__01.jpg
IMG_20220322_113900__01.jpg

Vanson4thewin

One of the Regulars
SOLD (pending payment)

In other news, I've spoken with Vanson this week and there is no more Octagon! Worse yet, there are no plans to bring in more, for the time being at least. Apparently the original tannery burnt down and they've had problems sourcing it ever since

Last edited:

Vanson4thewin

One of the Regulars
Update: Buyer didn't pay when he said he would so I've had to abort that agreement.

My plan was basically to sell one of my octagon jackets and have Vanson make me a two tone replacement with octagon and the olive deer tanned leather, so that I wouldn't have two in the same colour. But now that they don't have octagon that plan is out the window. But I can still sell one of them as two in octagon is a bit much.

So, given that the octagon is no longer available the situation has changed from when I originally posted. And given all of the interest I had from eBay (while it was listed for those few days the first time) I don't think it unreasonable to raise my asking price, just a little bit. Tbh I'd prefer to keep this one and sell the comet, and I'm gonna price them to reflect this. That said, I hope that both will still be viewed as attractive propositions.

And so the new asking price for this one will be £444 via PP FnF (or add the 3.5%) plus buyer to pay for shipping. As ever I can get it to you in the most sympathetic way possible

Incidentally, the comet is gonna be £333 plus shipping

Last edited:

Vanson4thewin

One of the Regulars
So basically what you're saying here is that this can still be mine? XD

Yeah of course I'm saying that!

But I'm also seriously advising, that this comet and you are a perfect match for each other. It's been to China, Thailand, Vietnam, South Korea, Taiwan, Serbia, Kosovo, the UK & most recently to Canada, and the grain that's now starting to show through is different class. Let's get that baby some time in Croatia!

Vanson4thewin

One of the Regulars
After it crossed the Atlantic to reach my wardrobe this one hasn't been out much, so no.

But it looks like it's about to make the return journey (touch wood), so who knows, maybe those air miles will aid its ascension to greatness!

Last edited:
Yeah of course I'm saying that!

But I'm also seriously advising, that this comet and you are a perfect match for each other. It's been to China, Thailand, Vietnam, South Korea, Taiwan, Serbia, Kosovo, the UK & most recently to Canada, and the grain that's now starting to show through is different class. Let's get that baby some time in Croatia!

Well I'm definitely not buying it now that I know it was in Serbia!

Kidding of course but it's just that... As much as I love seeing cafe racers on photos, for some reason, I don't enjoy wearing them. Can't even explain why myself but I just don't. Only one I can tolerate is my Harro and only 'cause it's red so CR isn't the style I plan on trying out again.

Vanson4thewin

One of the Regulars
Well I'm definitely not buying it now that I know it was in Serbia!

Kidding of course but it's just that... As much as I love seeing cafe racers on photos, for some reason, I don't enjoy wearing them. Can't even explain why myself but I just don't. Only one I can tolerate is my Harro and only 'cause it's red so CR isn't the style I plan on trying out again.
Well I won't mind keeping it for the sheer utility, but if it ever did leave me, your back is still my preference! Just because I feel very sure that you would love it once you put it on. But of course, I fully appreciate that you can't know that until you do.

I don't suppose you fancy popping over to Belgrade later on this month, but if you do I'll bring it with me and you can try it on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko