Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: vintage handmade Italian Pivetta hiking/casual work boots

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
$60 + shipping. PayPal only. PM me. It's easier for me than email.

brand: Pivetta
model: Ventana
size: N10.5 (narrow) **read below
outside width of sole: 4inches (at the widest point)
outside length of sole: 12.5inches
inside length: 11 5/8inches
weight: 899grams per boot (31.71oz per boot)
construction: Littlway Welt with nailed heels, handmade in Italy
use: light to mid-weight hiking and backpacking
grade: 9/10

**Remember, Pivetta was that rare company that when sizing width, it was only in the heel that they changed width. The ball of the foot remained the same no matter whether N(arrow), M(edium), or W(ide).

These are glove-leather lined up to the ball of the foot, which I believe is called half-lined. No cuts or scuffs. Honestly, I don't believe they're even fully broken in. No distinguished creasing yet, and the soles are barely worn in depth (though, the soles do show some cuts and scraping). No Goretex. One-piece leather upper with a single seam in the heel. The photos speak for themselves. I grade them 9 out of 10.

I wear a 10.5-11 in most shoes and boots. These feel closer to a big 10 or smaller 10.5. If you normally wear a 10, I think that would be ideal. I'm selling these because they're just slightly too small in both length and ball width for me. The heel width was not an issue with my feet.

Because of the Littlway Welt, these can easily pass as casual work shoes. Throw some thin brown laces on them, and they don't look like hiking boots. I wore them in casual work settings, and I don't feel they stood out as clunky.

THEY DO NOT COME WITH LACES. You need to supply the laces. Always treated with Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP.

A beautiful boot from a forgotten time. I'd have to think a boot of this quality would be $300-400 today.

full-sized, high-resolution photos can be downloaded here: https://www.mediafire.com/?7j0566hwldu6nti

if the 10 photos below aren't showing, please let me know.

OSdwgjG.jpg

rzxQOR1.jpg

vACj6yI.jpg

5nRaPmV.jpg

LThfpjS.jpg

dZ9XWzP.jpg

m0nc5TK.jpg

NhjXBIK.jpg

wswOqMO.jpg

IXaqkvg.jpg

Last edited:

asdfghjkl

New in Town
Mr Shackelton; do you still have the Pivetta boots, and did you wear them on the haul to the south pole? I am interested in them. -den

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto