Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS Vintage Monarch Police HH Cross Zip sz 42 fits larger

hieu

A-List Customer
Hi everyone,

For sale is a 40s horsehide Monarch of Milwaukee police cross zip. The tag reads 42 but in my opinion it fits larger more like a 44 although I'm not super familiar to larger sizes. Below are the measurements:

s2s - 50cm / 19.7 inches
p2p - 59cm / 23.2 inches
back length (2cm front drop) - 63cm / 24.8 inches
sleeve length (straight) - 66cm / 26 inches

Asking price is $580 shipped worldwide (payment through Paypal FF or +4.5 for an invoice)

DSC02661.jpg

DSC02672.jpg

DSC02696.jpg

Last edited:

hieu

A-List Customer
Overall the jacket is in good condition. The leather is really nice (one of the nicest I've seen on a vintage jacket) but the best part has to be the construction. Being a Monarch jacket it's got french seams throughout the arms and back. Below is a my best attempt at providing info on all areas of interest.

The main zip has been replaced with a YKK which is functioning well if not the most aesthetically pleasing.

DSC02699.jpg

DSC02669.jpg

Most of the seams are solid however there are some which are missing a few threads. Even so there are no busted seams. This example looks to be an attempted repair. This appears in a few spots throughout the jacket without the attempted repair but they're really hard to spot.

DSC02680.jpg

The jacket is also doing well in most of the high wear areas which usually suffer most on vintage. The shoulders are in amazing condition. The upper arms are only a little more scuffed. The arms themselves are similar to upper arms in that there is a bit more wear.

Upper arms:

DSC02689.jpg

DSC02688.jpg

Shoulders (one of the epaulets is a bit loose):

DSC02691.jpg

DSC02692.jpg

Both sleeves zippers are conmar and are solid. Sleeves have storm cuffs:

DSC02683.jpg

DSC02684.jpg

Last edited:

hieu

A-List Customer
Lining is original and in fantastic condition:
DSC02697.jpg

DSC02696.jpg

Here are some of the biggest flaws I could find.

One of the front belt straps is loose but I think this shouldn't be too hard of a fix at a tailor.
DSC02666.jpg

There is a shallow cut on the front next to the badge holder.
DSC02671.jpg

Light scuffing on the arms and some shallow cuts:
DSC02682.jpg

I forgot to take pictures but the front pocket zip also has some stuff stuck it in that prevents it from zipping all the way open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21