Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: "Vintage" Optimo of Chicago, Size 7.5

kaosharper1

One Too Many
I've decided to cull the herd and am putting up one of my best, little worn hats. I'm selling it because it is too big for me and no matter how I stuff the sweat a slight breeze will blow it off my head and tilting my head makes it slide over. I am a 7 5/16 so 7 1/2 is just too big so I've only worn it a handful of times. Since I live in Southern California it hasn't seen rain since I've had it, not that that would be a problem with this hat.

This is a "vintage" Optimo because Graham tells me it is from their first year of being in business so the logo and box are different than what we're used to. But I guarantee that this is an Optimo of Chicago and not by that other Optimo.

The hat is a pearl grey with a black band. The opening measures 8.25 x 6.625 making it a true 7 1/2. The brim is 2 3/8". The crown in 5 1/4" on the sides, 5" in the back, and 4 1/4" in the front. It is in very good condition, but the buyer may want to have it cleaned. The brim has the best welted edge I've ever seen. The edge is folded under again so it has a rounded edge underneath. The felt is beautiful as you'd expect. There is a slight scrape by the sweatband which looks like it may have happened when the hat was made. Hard to see and I couldn't get a good photo of it. Comes with the original Optimo hatbox with the old logo.

I'd like $250 plus shipping for this exceptional hat. Those of you who know Optimo will know that this is a bargain. I bought the hat on EBAY and this will cover my costs. I don't sell hats for a profit and I'd like a fellow Lounger to own and wear this hat.

PM with any questions.

Optimo1.jpg

Optimo2.jpg

optimo4.jpg

Optimo3.jpg

Optimo5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24