Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Vintage Stetson Twenty/ Mode edge/ 6 7/8

lostinperiphery

Familiar Face
Color: charcoal gray
Size: 6 7/8 (21.5" circum)
crown: 4" at the front of the dent (right place to measure?)
Edge: mode edge
Quality: twenty

got this hat off the 'bay recently, but sadly it is much too small for my head. This was my first vintage hat purchase, so unfortunately I am no expert, but will do my best to describe it accurately! The mode edge is a nice touch. It makes gives the hat a strong edge, without showing any stitching as it is made into the felt. Apparently a luxury of the time, the mode edge hats are a bit rare to come by (see cavanagh edge) The hat is quite soft, and appears to be in great condition. It has a great shape, and the felt is quite clean. the sweatband shows a bit of wear around the edge, as shown in the pics, and the logo in the liner has blurred a bit. There is one hardly noticeable moth nibble at 4:00 just above the ribbon (measures only 2mm across, and is too light to photograph)... other than the slight wear mentioned above, the hat is excellent. I REALLY wish it fit me, as I love the hat!

tag reads 6 7/8, and circumference measures 21.5"... sweatband reads 'stetson twenty', 'the sovereign', 'stetson mode edge', and 'tuffy's for men'

will sell for $40, or am interested in a trade for a 7 1/2 size vintage hat. preferably gray or black, and of nice quality, in similar condition as hat being sold. 2.5" brim or less, is also preferable.... but let me know WHATEVER you have that might fit my noggin!

DSC_3512.jpg

DSC_3513.jpg

DSC_3514.jpg

DSC_3515.jpg

DSC_3516.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran