Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Vintage Western Boots

Stringmaster

One of the Regulars
Selling a couple pair:
Nocona Sharkskin--Black w/black tops/red and gray stitching. These boots are approximately 20 years old (bought new by me). They are in great shape--still have life left in the original soles, etc. Will need heel caps before too long. No rips or tears (shark is a very tough hide).
Size 10 1/2B
12" tops
Narrow round toe w/squared off sole
1 1/2" heel
Sole measures about 3 7/8" across the widest point, and the overall length of the boot is about 12 1/2"

Vintage Hyer Boots out of Olathe Kansas. I believe these are ca. late 40's-50's. Still in nice shape. Brown leather that is likely a calfskin. Tan stitching. I don't think they've been resoled as they look pretty original, but given that there is so much life left in them they may have been. There are a few minor scuffs here and there. The tops are torn (or cut as a lot of guys did if boots fit tight at the top) a small amount (about 1/4" at most) at the lowest part of the scallop front and back both boots. One of the pulls is torn but not separated. Overall they present nicely given their age.
Size 10 1/2C
11" tops
Narrower squared off "box" toe
1 3/8" heel
Sole measures about 4 1/4" at the widest point, and the overall length of the boot is about 12"

I wear about an 11B in boots and a 10 or 10 1/2 in street shoes, but sizing really varies from boot to boot. I can wear the Hyers with a thin sock but they are a little on the short side for me--good for a night out is about all. Might fit someone who wears a size 9 1/2 or 10 medium width. The Nocona's are too snug for me--they feel both too short and a bit too narrow in the toe. Might work for someone that wears a 9 1/2 medium, but I think a 10 medium would be pushing it (note these are both narrower widths than a standard D width). I can't guarantee fit or offer returns (due to shipping costs) I know it's hard without trying boots on so if I can answer any questions please let me know.

Both pair are priced at $80 each, which includes PayPal and shipping fees (shipped to US only). They are both top quality, fully leather lined, etc--IMO better than most off the rack boots available today.
Thanks
dduplan@aol.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner