Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: WPG seal goatskin A-2 XXL

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I bought this jacket out of curiosity a couple of years ago and reviewed it in detail, including pics and measurements:

What Price Glory replica A-2 review | The Fedora Lounge

As I said back then, it's surprisingly nice for its modest price - mostly correct construction details, very soft and supple goatskin, reasonably good lining/knits/hardware, very comfortable - but it won't be confused with a premium repro. Great for a nose art project, as a knockaround jacket, or a gift to someone who admires your A-2 jackets... but isn't as obsessed with the details.

It just doesn't fit me that well - the body length in particular is simply too long - and I've hardly been wearing it compared to my other jackets. I've worn it perhaps a dozen times total, and it shows no visible wear anywhere, the knits aren't at all stretched. Current pic:

WPG-A2-2021.jpg

Measurements:

Pit-to-pit - 25.5"
Shoulders - 21.5"
Back (top of collar to bottom of waistband) - 29.5"
Sleeve (shoulder seam to end of wristlet) - 27"
Front (top of zip to bottom of waistband) - 24.5"
Waistband across at bottom - 19"

Anyway, it should go to somebody (taller than me!) that it fits better. Asking $100 plus $20 shipping in the US. Please note that I'm old school: I'm not on PayPal, you'll have to mail me a check/money order.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Huh, I'm a bit surprised that nobody jumped on this immediately.

Sure, it's no premium repro, but it's comparable to lots of mid-range generic A-2s that are no longer cheap... And it's a lot closer to an original-spec A-2 than most of them. For a hundred bucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB