Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FSOT: Custom Aero / Buco J-100 Black Vicenza Horsehide size 40

gfarina55

Familiar Face
It kills me to let this go as it's the nicest cafe-style leather jacket I've ever owned, and the horsehide is just something to behold. This fits me like perfectly w/a T-shirt, but it's rare that I can leave the house w/just a T-shirt, so it just hasn't gotten much wear. I custom-ordered this through Thurston Bros. a couple years ago and it’s softened up significantly, but it’s still not completely broken in. For reference I have a true 40” chest, I'm 6'1", 175 lbs. I wear Iron Heart shirts in Large, size 16 Real McCoy’s & Mister Freedom shirts. I would trade this for something ever-so-slightly larger or with a more forgiving cut, otherwise $750 net to me firm. I'm also happy to offer a 48hr approval w/shipping at the buyer's expense, as I have no doubt that this jacket will make someone very happy.
  • P2P 22 (note high arm holes on this cut)
  • back 25.5
  • Shoulder 18
  • Sleeve 27”-ish, but wears a bit shorter because of elbow creases
  • One-piece back
  • Straight chest pockets
  • Black cotton drill lining
  • Olive stitching
  • Black Vincenza horsehide
  • Talon center zip, Waldez pocket zips
  • Inside pocket
More photos: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0oGqkRUiGc0ixs

Please email geoff at geofffarina dot com for quicker service.

Attachments

• IMG_3474.jpeg
    IMG_3474.jpeg
    219.5 KB · Views: 1,355
  • IMG_3473.jpeg
    IMG_3473.jpeg
    214.3 KB · Views: 1,320
  • IMG_3463.jpeg
    IMG_3463.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,424

technovox

One Too Many
I have the exact same jacket - Aero Board Racer - Black Vicenza in a size 44. Practically brand new. If you're interested in buying a size larger, PM me. Cheers.

gfarina55

Familiar Face
I actually had a Board Racer in 42 and didn't love the fit on me, so I doubt the 44 would work. The 42 was roomy in the torso, but the arms were still too slim to get a long-sleeve shirt underneath. I think the Board Racer is a fantastic cut, but it's unforgiving...it either too big for the style, or it fits like a glove w/no room for error. I guess that's why these were called "racing shirts" in the first place. In any case, I'm really on the fence about selling this one.

Kuro

Practically Family
Yes, the board racer is a shirt. The fit is largely due to high arm holes. A jacket would have lower arm holes. Fits like a glove is the way to wear it, and in the picture of you wearing it, looks like a great fit!

I use vests to layer with my board racer in colder temperatures.

gfarina55

Familiar Face
Thx Kuro, it does fit perfectly, I just don't use it enough because I don't wear T-shirts too often. But if it doesn't get any action here I'm happy to hold onto it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112