Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fuzzy Taupe Borsalino 7-1/2

carldelo

One Too Many
This is a nice fuzzy hat for fall and winter. The finish is medium long hair, the color is dark tan - I believe it’s Borsalino Taupe. The felt is fairly thin and takes a center dent and side pinches easily.

Brim width is 2-3/16” and it is flanged fairly deeply. The ribbon is dark brown, 1-3/4” wide. Crown is 4” as pinched, 5-1/2” open. It may be unworn - there are no stains on the lining and the sweat band is clean.

The hat is marked “7-5/8, 7-1/2, 62.” This was discussed previously on the Lounge and it was determined these are British, Punti and Euro measurements, respectively. The hat isn’t size 62 however – I knew it was going to be more like a 61, although careful measurements taken on a hat stretcher fitted inside the hat put the circumference a little over 23-1/2”, which is a size 60, or American 7-1/2. In any case, it’s too small for me and I don’t want to undertake stretching it.

I’m asking what I paid, $125 shipping included in the US, PM with questions.
More photos here: http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l234/carldelo/Sale items/

Last edited:

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Carldelo, I think the brim was a bit wider than that?

For everyone else I can vouch for this being a truly beautiful hat (I was the guy Carldelo purchased it from). It's a very lightweight felt while still being a velour which is rare. I sold it for the same reason as Carldelo's selling it which is the size being a bit smaller than marked. The color is also a really nice taupe color.

carldelo

One Too Many
Hi Carldelo, I think the brim was a bit wider than that?

For everyone else I can vouch for this being a truly beautiful hat (I was the guy Carldelo purchased it from). It's a very lightweight felt while still being a velour which is rare. I sold it for the same reason as Carldelo's selling it which is the size being a bit smaller than marked. The color is also a really nice taupe color.

Yikes! Thank you my friend - the brim width is 2-3/16" - original listing is now correct.
It really is nice, if I thought I could stretch it successfully, I'd be keeping it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk