Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G.W. CUSTOM 44

Kunja

Practically Family
Great jacket! It looks like a 40's horsehide halfbelt I have. The lining has since been replaced by Johnson Leathers.

californian-horsehide-lining2.jpg

Kunja

Practically Family
There was no maker's tag on my jacket, so I'm not sure who made it, and 40's is just a guess. There was just a horsehide tag that disintegrated as I wore it and couldn't be saved when I changed the liner. Here is another pic. Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread.

halfbelt-californian-kunja.jpg

There was no maker's tag on my jacket, so I'm not sure who made it, and 40's is just a guess. There was just a horsehide tag that disintegrated as I wore it and couldn't be saved when I changed the liner. Here is another pic. Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread.

View attachment 260624

It’s identical to the Brents I saw, down to the wide cuffs. Nice jacket.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
John and John really did it right on this one! That looks like a similar leather to my GW Imperial. I owned an Arcadia and the original pattern Jacket John used.

I know you are selling for a worthy cause. Good luck my Friend.
Hey T
Just saw your video of the original. What year was it made, do you think?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 260624
I just found some photos of a 40s jacket on the Good Wear sales page that JC used as the basis for the Arcadia. Yours is very similar, with just a few differences.
front_view_flat.jpg
reverse_view_flat.jpg

Attachments

• front_view_flat.jpg
    front_view_flat.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 403
  • reverse_view_flat.jpg
    reverse_view_flat.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 400
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads