Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Game-Day Strat

barrowjh

One Too Many
My wife (a University of Tennessee grad, of course) prepared this game-day treatment for a Stetson Stratoliner, and I wore it to the SC game Saturday night. This is not an appropriate rayon-cotton hat ribbon (poly), but that is ok for this purpose. It is only attached to the hat via a stright-pin through the existing grey thin-ribbon knot. Pull the pin and it lifts right off,

103007005.jpg

Yet another good reason to have a light-color OR style amongst your hats (as if any of us needed another good reason . . . ). I am an Alabama grad, but she does not seem inclined to help me prepare a similar game-day treatment for attending 'Bama games - hhmmmm

barrowjh

One Too Many
I am preparing a 7 3/8 Penney's Marathon for a friend (Jason Altman, Director, Knoxville Marathon). I picked this thing up at an antique store in Muscle Shoals a week ago for $5.95 - and the condition it was in - that's all it was worth! I've spent many times that in time and effort to rescue this hat, and the ribbon was badly water(sweat?) stained, so I talked my wife into replacing it with some rayon-cotton proper hat ribbon. It turned into a struggle for her, a little bit tougher job than she expected. However, the end result is absolutely stunning - great job JO!!!!

103007012.jpg

Duck

Practically Family
barrowjh said:
I am preparing a 7 3/8 Penney's Marathon for a friend (Jason Altman, Director, Knoxville Marathon). I picked this thing up at an antique store in Muscle Shoals a week ago for $5.95 - and the condition it was in - that's all it was worth! I've spent many times that in time and effort to rescue this hat, and the ribbon was badly water(sweat?) stained, so I talked my wife into replacing it with some rayon-cotton proper hat ribbon. It turned into a struggle for her, a little bit tougher job than she expected. However, the end result is absolutely stunning - great job JO!!!!

103007012.jpg
The hat looks great, John!!!!
Now about that orange ribbon :eek:, but at least it is not that orange & white checker-board. lol
Tell her that the dark cardinal red would be much better, but for the :
hog.jpg
of course. :D :D :D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
barrowjh said:
My wife (a University of Tennessee grad, of course) prepared this game-day treatment for a Stetson Stratoliner, and I wore it to the SC game Saturday night. This is not an appropriate rayon-cotton hat ribbon (poly), but that is ok for this purpose. It is only attached to the hat via a stright-pin through the existing grey thin-ribbon knot. Pull the pin and it lifts right off,

103007005.jpg

Yet another good reason to have a light-color OR style amongst your hats (as if any of us needed another good reason . . . ). I am an Alabama grad, but she does not seem inclined to help me prepare a similar game-day treatment for attending 'Bama games - hhmmmm
Wow!! that is cool!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

barrowjh

One Too Many
whooaa - UT alums emerging from the woodwork! nice marathon, Duck. the ribbon is in the box with the hat, will it see action again this year? hmmm

I just wanted to share the idea. Just about every school has a color (or two) that would stand out nicely on a light colored OR style hat, and it can be done without having to put a huge ribbon on the hat, I think it looks a bit classy (rather than terminally tacky) for game-day get-up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points