Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Generic Half Belt Size 44-46 CHEAP!

pgoat

One Too Many
Okay, nothing very special here, but I couldn't pass up on this one from a consignment shop I love to stop in when we visit family in NJ. Even though I knew this one was too big on me (I normally take a 40-42), I grabbed it.

00s0s_kx6NTAKdG6D_1200x900.jpg

More photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/44195255@N04/albums/72157686243672911

The photos of me wearing it are loaded in the album in chronological order, taken over a span of six months or so since I got it; I've lost about 25-35 pounds so it's definitely hanging looser and longer on me now than it was when I bought it!

This is a hip-length Half-belt Jacket by Trucker Leather. It is labeled a "small" but fits like a mens large, probably a size 44 - 46.

The chest is 23.5" pit to pit (doubled, that would be 47" around the outside chest).

The shoulders are 22" across the back, seam to seam at their widest point.

Length including collar is 29.5"

Outside sleeve length is 23.5"

I am 5'8" and usually take a 40-42 jacket and it is roomy enough that I can layer a bulky sweater or even a denim jacket underneath. I enjoyed wearing this for a few months as a huge, comfortable and roomy jacket but it's just too long on me. I've tried half belts and car coats a few time and I just prefer short jackets or longer length coats.

Bi-swing back shoulder panel for ease of movement when zipped up.

Top-Quality YKK zippers throughout, with heavy duty brass on exterior zips.

Half belt on rear lower back with heavy duty solid brass buckles for waist adjustment. Will fit a 40" waist easily when adjusted loose (I am around 205 pounds in these pics - hey, it was around the holidays!)

One zippered outer pocket on left chest, with brass YKK zip, perfect for cell phone.

Two outer hip pockets; right pocket has loose threads at lower corner (see photo), should be easily fixed at any dry cleaner.

Two roomy inner breast pockets, one zippered.

Leather is surprisingly nice on this one - very thick and warm, but buttery soft with hardly any signs of wear or scuffing. Just a few tiny marks on back of right upper arm.

Inner lining has signs of wear with some repair done near the open inner pocket. Otherwise, it looks intact.

I paid $60; looking for just $25 so it can go to someone taller who it will fit better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto