Gents: Do you feel comfortable with a woman who is taller than you?

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by Widebrim, Oct 31, 2010.

Do you feel comfortable being in a relationship with a woman who is taller than you?

1. No way!

14.5%
  2. Oh, yeah!

42.8%
  3. Not really sure about that...

7.2%
  4. Depends on the woman...

35.5%
  1. In the Powder Room, there is currently a poll asking the Ladies to list their heights. It got me thinking about a common question among many of us gents, that is, whether we would date/marry someone taller than us. Now if you're 6'3" or above, you likely never have to worry about such a dilemma, but for those of us who don't fall under that NBA prospect category, what say ye?

2. HungaryTom

HungaryTom One Too Many

Hi,

I am 185 cm tall that translates to somewhat under 6'1" - so I am seldom smaller but this happens from time to time. I was once in a hotel and there was a basketball match in that small town - the basketball player ladies getting in the elevator were beautiful and they dwarfed me - without high heels. Their faces were beautiful being young sportswomen - it was a bit strange and beautiful at the same time.
    The beauty of long legs and queen like proportions is always there with tall ladies. They are beautiful - just like petite ladies they are beautiful in a different way. I always try to recognize the beauty which is there in every woman.

3. Edward

Edward Bartender

Not entered a vote as there isn't an option for 'I doubt I'd notice'.... Honestly, it mystifies me that it would even be an issue for some folks. [huh]

4. Yeps

Yeps Call Me a Cab

It will just never happen. I have never met a woman taller than 6'6", so I am not really sure how I would react. To be perfectly honest, I tend to be attracted to women who are a foot or more shorter than me. The last six inches are my personal space, and I rather like to be able to have my bubble.

5. You are to be admired, Edward; you're truly in a class not occupied by many. Truth is, though, many of us do have opinions one way or another of not being able to see the top of a woman's head...[huh]

6. MikeBravo

MikeBravo One Too Many

I can't say it's an issue for me, not that there are many over 6'2"
    Depends on the person, I have usually dated shortish women but have been attracted to taller lasses too

7. Speaking for myself as a short guy, I'm OK with it if she is--while it's a point in her favor on the superficial side, I'd rather concentrate on the things between us than the things that separate us; this goes for age (within reasonable limits) and income too.

8. Slim Portly

Slim Portly One Too Many

It's a complete non-issue for me. I've only had the pleasure of the company of a few women who were taller than I, but a pleasure it was.

9. The Good

The Good Call Me a Cab

I have not been involved in a relationship yet. Having said that, I feel as if it depends on the woman in particular. Everyone is different. For the record, I'm six and a half inches tall, and I would like to believe that height is not really a factor in a relationship for me, perhaps...

10. Pompidou

Pompidou One Too Many

Six and a half inches tall, and your only dates will be smurfs, lol

Joking aside, height doesn't matter to me.

11. Silver Dollar

Silver Dollar Practically Family

Let's put it this way. I'm 5'6" and when I got married, my new wife was 5'8". She shrunk a bit and I gained an inch or two when I had my hips replaced. I've dated women who were shorter than me all the way to 6'2" in heels. What did I ever have to feel uncomfortable about? A person's worth is never measured in inches.

12. Mav

Mav A-List Customer

Not an issue.

13. Fletch

Fletch I'll Lock Up

I'm 5'10 1/2" and don't consider it an issue. In fact I've always been attracted to slightly taller gals, tho I more often see one with a guy who's noticeably shorter than one just an inch or two shy. Why this is, I've never been able to figure out - probably something to do with the law of averages, plus who gets picked last on the playground called love.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  14. Smithy

Smithy I'll Lock Up

I absolutely couldn't care less. I'll admit I'm 6'1'' so it doesn't happen often but I have known ladies taller than myself and must say it hasn't even entered my mind.

There's far more important things to worry about when it comes to other people!

EDIT - Oops! I put the wrong vote in on the poll.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  15. Michael Carter

Michael Carter One of the Regulars

Doesn't bother me a bit.

16. dnjan

dnjan One Too Many

Dancing (ballroom-style) is easier, especially for beginning guys, if they are taller. My daughter (5'10") had to get very good at ducking at swing-dance classes.

17. Edward

Edward Bartender

Is it that, though, or is it her seeing the top of the guy's head - thinning pate and all - that causes concern? lol I might feel a bit more concerned myself had I not chosen to embrace my own thinning by going for the shaven headed look. ;)

There is that - most dance moves were, I suppose, designed for those who fitted with the 'taller man / shorter lady' stereotype / norm. Maybe it would matter a bit for display dancers, though if you're only dancing for fun....[huh] I suppose a lot could depend too here on how important dancing is to the individual!

18. Paisley

Paisley I'll Lock Up

A few weeks ago, I had a dance partner who was a lot shorter than I was. (He was eight or nine years old.)

If your follower is much taller than you, I have two words for you: free turns. It's just easier for both parties than an underarm turn.

19. p71towny

p71towny Familiar Face

Meh, I wouldn't really care. But, I'm also 6'3 and amazon women aren't abundant in NE Indiana.

20. Spitfire

Spitfire I'll Lock Up

With my 6'4 it has never happened. And if it did, I couldn't care less.