Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Genuine Issue Peacoats

Juanito

One of the Regulars
stingman1 said:
I'm new hear and I know this has been discussed in the past, but can anyone tell me how to get an actual USN peacoat? I know that Sterlingwear makes the current issue coats...and that they make a commercial version called the Authentic that they say is the closest thing to the issue coats that is offered commercially...but I would love to get an actual issue peacoat. There was a thread here a few years ago in which Peacoat (the member) seemed to have an extensive knowledge of these...so, hopefully he can answer this.

Thanks.

No offense, but you are in NYC. The open air flea markets have lots of peacoats and I have found a number of excellent G-1s there too. Just go for a walk on a Saturday and I am sure you'll find one.

Also, there is a good surplus store down around Houston Street if I remember correctly, and there is always the "retro" store on Broadway. High prices, but they are there.

Spoonbelly

One of the Regulars
The modern day black coats also come in XL - extra long. I have a 46XL. I've seen a couple of used 48XLs on ebay in the past 10 months. If you can find or know someone who can get you a coat through the military I think they cost somewhere around $160.00. I have been looking on ebay, Craigslist, and Vintage Trends since last Jan. , and have not seen any old blue coats in 46L, or 48L. I did buy a 44L (made in '69) from ebay. I think it is mislabeled and is really a 46L. It fits me great though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters