Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German Manufacturers

garzo

One of the Regulars
Has anyone heard of a German manufacturer/dealer called Noble House The Leather Company in Ulm? I think they sell primarily over ebay. I was wondering if their jackets are any good.

It seems to me they do low-cost cowhide versions of current Eastman designs, especially Eastman's period horsehide German repros.

Here's one of their auctions: http://cgi.ebay.de/Pilotenjacke-Deu...ryZ12148QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

While I'm on the subject, there's another German seller, http://www.original-fliegerjacken.de/

which I suspect sells Eastman under their own name (and considerably more expensive). I know Eastman does a lot of commission work for European dealers. Anyone familiar with them?

Naphtali

Practically Family
I own several wool coats from the Black Forest area near M?ºnchen und Ulm-Donau. That area is a center for very high quality wool and leather garments, much like northern Italy is for shoes and boots.

One place where you may be able to find information relevant to your question is Waffen Frankonia. This is a retail and mail order house that has several stores in Germany. It is remarkably similar to what Abercrombie & Fitch was before bankruptcy in the 1980s. Their print catalog is 4-language. Online it is German. You will find leather garments that will take your breath away. Fine cutlery, firearms as works of art, et al.

Hope this helps.

garzo

One of the Regulars
Naphtali said:
I own several wool coats from the Black Forest area near M?ºnchen und Ulm-Donau. That area is a center for very high quality wool and leather garments, much like northern Italy is for shoes and boots.

One place where you may be able to find information relevant to your question is Waffen Frankonia. This is a retail and mail order house that has several stores in Germany. It is remarkably similar to what Abercrombie & Fitch was before bankruptcy in the 1980s. Their print catalog is 4-language. Online it is German. You will find leather garments that will take your breath away. Fine cutlery, firearms as works of art, et al.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Naphtali,

I checked out WF and they have a lot of good stuff and nice suede hunting jackets, but no coats like the one I'm looking for. I will definitely keep an eye on them. They have a shop here in Berlin.

garzo

One of the Regulars
garzo said:
Thanks Naphtali,

I checked out WF and they have a lot of good stuff and nice suede hunting jackets, but no coats like the one I'm looking for. I will definitely keep an eye on them. They have a shop here in Berlin.

Not at all Naphtali,
I appreciate the recommendation. I had heard of WF but never looked into them as a possible source of good leather garments,even though they are here in Berlin. Sometimes you have a good source right in front of you but don't bother to check it out for whatever reason, until someone points the way. . . :)

Paden

Vendor
garzo said:
Has anyone heard of a German manufacturer/dealer called Noble House The Leather Company in Ulm? I think they sell primarily over ebay. I was wondering if their jackets are any good.

It seems to me they do low-cost cowhide versions of current Eastman designs, especially Eastman's period horsehide German repros.

Here's one of their auctions: http://cgi.ebay.de/Pilotenjacke-Deu...ryZ12148QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

While I'm on the subject, there's another German seller, http://www.original-fliegerjacken.de/

which I suspect sells Eastman under their own name (and considerably more expensive). I know Eastman does a lot of commission work for European dealers. Anyone familiar with them?

Noble House produzieren in Südamerika, allerdings in einer zweifelhaften Qualität.

garzo

One of the Regulars
Paden said:
Noble House produzieren in S?ºdamerika, allerdings in einer zweifelhaften Qualit?§t.

Danke Paden. Ich dachte sie waren in Deutschland produziert, obwohl die sahen nicht so hochwertig aus.

Are there any good leather jacket manufacturers in Germany, besides the motorcycle leather producers?

benjamin.f

New in Town
Hi everybody!
Salut!
hallo zusammen

I am brand new @ fedoralounge, englisch is horrible but now there is one thing I wanna know:

the most of the members are intrested in A2-jacket - at least it seems in such a way... is that right? a real nice trenchcoat in the typical casablanca-bogart-style is the thing I am looking for. Maybe somebody in this round can help me with my search.

right now my location is germany in the middle of europe and I`m sure there are some good manufacturers on this continent :p

Il y a ici quelqu`un qui parle fran?ßais... oder vieleicht deutsch??

benjamin.f

John Lever

One Too Many
I just bought a Kanal jacket from Noble House. They are the type of jacket you might buy as your first jacket. Very reasonably priced but not for the connoisseur of good repro's or originals.
I sent mine back for a refund.
John

nerdator

New in Town
Noble House

hi there,

I bought a WWII repro of a German flight jacket from Noble House Ulm. I like it, though the quality seems to be inferior to jackets made by Aero or Eastman. It looks cool and I enjoy it. Currently, I am negotiating with the German distributor of Eastman about a custom-made jacket 'cos I am a little crazy about the style and the cut of the garment. I am sure you were right about the copying of Eastman jackets by Noble House, they look strikingly similiar...
Now that I am here (I finally made it :) I would like to ask some questions the answers of which I haven't been able to get before:
Speaking about custom-made stuff, maybe you guys can help me with my size. I am 6'6'', weigh around 240lbs without being chubby. I plan on ordering jackets overseas, but I am not familiar with American or British sizes. What size would you recommend for me, taking the numbers from above into account? For somebody who is not so much (or not necessarily :) into vintage style, is there anybody with any experience with A2s from U.S. wings? I like them, price and shipping look fair, and a wide range of all sizes, even for tall guys like me. Since I am not able yet to post attachments, I would like to tell you about my favourite jacket, it's a grey German airforce (Luftwafffe) jacket, from the original producer with all the quality standards, very rare in my size. I'm very proud of it.You may find them under this link:
http://www.beckumerleder.de/fliegerjacke/index.php

See you soon,
nerdator

garzo

One of the Regulars
nerdator said:
hi there,

I bought a WWII repro of a German flight jacket from Noble House Ulm. I like it, though the quality seems to be inferior to jackets made by Aero or Eastman. It looks cool and I enjoy it. Currently, I am negotiating with the German distributor of Eastman about a custom-made jacket 'cos I am a little crazy about the style and the cut of the garment. I am sure you were right about the copying of Eastman jackets by Noble House, they look strikingly similiar...
Now that I am here (I finally made it :) I would like to ask some questions the answers of which I haven't been able to get before:
Speaking about custom-made stuff, maybe you guys can help me with my size. I am 6'6'', weigh around 240lbs without being chubby. I plan on ordering jackets overseas, but I am not familiar with American or British sizes. What size would you recommend for me, taking the numbers from above into account? For somebody who is not so much (or not necessarily :) into vintage style, is there anybody with any experience with A2s from U.S. wings? I like them, price and shipping look fair, and a wide range of all sizes, even for tall guys like me. Since I am not able yet to post attachments, I would like to tell you about my favourite jacket, it's a grey German airforce (Luftwafffe) jacket, from the original producer with all the quality standards, very rare in my size. I'm very proud of it.You may find them under this link:
http://www.beckumerleder.de/fliegerjacke/index.php

See you soon,
nerdator

Nerdator,
I would suggest going to a tailor and getting exact measurements. There are many online conversion tables for European and U.S. sizes, but I've found them to be unreliable. By the way, is Original-Fliegerjacken.de Eastman's German distributor? I'm curious.

nerdator

New in Town
original-fliegerjacken.de

hi garzo,

no, original-fliegerjacken.de are not the German distributors for Eastman. The German partner for Eastman is www.fliegerladen.com, I contacted them a little while ago, they even offer tailor-made jackets, so this seems to be interesting to me.
Do you or anybody else have experience with U.S. Wing A2s? I know they are not vintage style, except for one which is made of horsehide. What about quality, durability etc.?

garzo

One of the Regulars
nerdator said:
hi garzo,

no, original-fliegerjacken.de are not the German distributors for Eastman. The German partner for Eastman is www.fliegerladen.com, I contacted them a little while ago, they even offer tailor-made jackets, so this seems to be interesting to me.
Do you or anybody else have experience with U.S. Wing A2s? I know they are not vintage style, except for one which is made of horsehide. What about quality, durability etc.?

I have never owned a U.S. Wings jacket but I have two Gibson & Barnes jackets, a horsehide A2 and an ANJ-3 goatskin and they are superb. G&B are a bit more expensive I think but their prices on the website (flightsuits.com) are much less than in their catalogue. Even including shipping and import tax to Germany (I think it's 30% of the price!) it's still cheaper than original-fliegerjacken or fliegerladen.com.

It looks like Original-fliegerjacken sell a few different brands but I think they definitely sell Eastman too. My friend has an Eastman Luftwaffe jacket and it looks identical to the one on the website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk