Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German work / Luftwaffe trousers

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i asked the seller about the size of the trousers and they're a 38" waist, 34" inside leg.

also, perhaps one of the Germans can let me know if these items are politically dodgy ?

Edward

Bartender
Tempting indeed. I've got a couple of pairs of the Heer equivalent, though reproduction (from the BarryLyndon guy on eBay). Very practical Summer trousers, great with a boating blazer. Nobody's ever spotted them for what they are...

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
also, perhaps one of the Germans can let me know if these items are politically dodgy ?

Personally I wouldn't wear them for just that reason.

You could however argue that no one will ever recognize these trousers anymore, and that they don't even look "military".
They're apparently well made and look a lot like any vintage workwear trousers. Still, they're not for me.

I wonder if right-wing extremist groups would know items like this one when they saw it... I'd speculate that they haven't the foggiest idea about it.

Edward

Bartender
I wonder if right-wing extremist groups would know items like this one when they saw it... I'd speculate that they haven't the foggiest idea about it.

Exactly. These are a world away from wearing an SS tunic or such. Some of my best trews overf the years have been military surplus or repro of one flavour or another; I don't think anyone's ever noticed, much less ascribed presumed political beliefs to me off the back of the same.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Some of my best trews overf the years have been military surplus or repro of one flavour or another; I don't think anyone's ever noticed, much less ascribed presumed political beliefs to me off the back of the same.

That's true. You can't deny that the fabrics of period miltary garments are very servicable, so I wouldn't blame anyone for putting them to good use. Especially trousers, as they blend in with civilian clothes rather well. I bet that over here in Germany no one will ever recognize my officers pinks (with cuffs added :p ). Even my Army greens have so far gone completely unnoticed - I hope at least in the U.S. some folks will recognize those?

Army-style influences in overcoats have seen some resurgence in current fashion. I guess that's why WWII Army overcoats (US, UK) don't draw much attention, contrary to what I expected. They do get noticed - after all, who wouldn't notice a 30oz overcoat - but they don't get recognized for what they are.
I have a 1952 UK Civil Defense Corp (C.D.) Greatcoat in dark navy that so far has gone largely unnoticed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff