Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gibson & Barnes Leather

triple-d

A-List Customer
Thanks for all the input guys. I called and talked to Jimmy at B&G a few times this week. I filled out the sizing info spread sheet. Jimmy talked to the official leather jacket guru guy. I wear a 48T in a sport coat. After studying my measurements, the leather jacket guru guy said I should order a ..........48T.....:eeek:....kinda spooky huh?
So thinking in a practical manner, I ordered an F82 in lambskin. Then for some reason I also ordered a Raider in nappa cowhide.............no practical reason I can think of. But both have pockets,..... civil jackets. I also ordered an AN-J-3.......because I thought I should order something.....military......will probably use this for a performance incentive at work. Can't think of a practical reason to keep it for myself.........and i'm a practical guy......:rolleyes:

Dracorex

Familiar Face
Thanks for all the input guys. I called and talked to Jimmy at B&G a few times this week. I filled out the sizing info spread sheet. Jimmy talked to the official leather jacket guru guy. I wear a 48T in a sport coat. After studying my measurements, the leather jacket guru guy said I should order a ..........48T.....:eeek:....kinda spooky huh?
So thinking in a practical manner, I ordered an F82 in lambskin. Then for some reason I also ordered a Raider in nappa cowhide.............no practical reason I can think of. But both have pockets,..... civil jackets. I also ordered an AN-J-3.......because I thought I should order something.....military......will probably use this for a performance incentive at work. Can't think of a practical reason to keep it for myself.........and i'm a practical guy......:rolleyes:
I hope the sizing works out OK for you. My recommendation would have been to order one jacket first, make sure the sizing is OK and then order the other two. I'd hate to see you have to send all three jackets back because they don't fit.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Jacket makers often don't think it's in their best interest to publicize how their product fits. It's considered proprietary info, despite the fact that the individual customer may or may not decide to purchase based on fit.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
One of the really great things about G&B is their liberal exchange or return policy. Still best to order one jacket at a time.

triple-d

A-List Customer
I hope the sizing works out OK for you. My recommendation would have been to order one jacket first, make sure the sizing is OK and then order the other two. I'd hate to see you have to send all three jackets back because they don't fit.

Yep Dracorex, that was the original plan. After Jimmy told me how the Official Leather Jacket Guru....OLJG.....made a jacket for the Hunchback of Notre Dame, and nailed the hump on the first try:eeek:.....perfect hump fit....BINGO!!!!!!.....I told Jimmy to go ahead and send me a whole pile of jackets! Sure hope the OLJG wasn't suffering from itchy, watery, eyeballs when he examined my measurements.........

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Yep Dracorex, that was the original plan. After Jimmy told me how the Official Leather Jacket Guru....OLJG.....made a jacket for the Hunchback of Notre Dame, and nailed the hump on the first try:eeek:.....perfect hump fit....BINGO!!!!!!.....I told Jimmy to go ahead and send me a whole pile of jackets! Sure hope the OLJG wasn't suffering from itchy, watery, eyeballs when he examined my measurements.........

Huh?

W4ASZ

Practically Family

Gibson and Barnes took the Hunchback from Quasimodo to Actual Modo. :eeek:

I like my four G&Bs very much. :cool:

triple-d

A-List Customer
Update:.....the AN-J-3 arrived.......Goat/Dark brown, 48T.........perfecto.....
It fits just fine. Excellent craftmanship ship.........great jacket.
So after 3 days of phone calls, and measuring, the Official Leather Jacket Guru was right on......just order your normal size....lol
The F82 in lamb, and the Raider in Nappa cowhide are are still in the B&G dungoen with the OLJG.
In short a very nice jacket, at a very fair price.......thank you B&G

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
So after 3 days of phone calls, and measuring, the Official Leather Jacket Guru was right on......just order your normal size....lol
The F82 in lamb, and the Raider in Nappa cowhide are are still in the B&G dungoen with the OLJG.

Congratulations on your new AN-J-3, which was probably my favorite of all of the G&B jackets when I visited the factory in San Diego a few months ago. Be sure to post with pictures.

Dracorex

Familiar Face
I'm glad it fit and you didn't have to exchange it for a different size. It took me two tries to get a good fit when I bought my G-1. I do really like G&B jackets. I think for the price, they're the best deal out there. My next purchase will be a M-422A and then after that, I'm going to do what Lando did and get a custom G-1 made in their veg-tanned goatskin.

triple-d

A-List Customer
I'm glad it fit and you didn't have to exchange it for a different size. It took me two tries to get a good fit when I bought my G-1. I do really like G&B jackets. I think for the price, they're the best deal out there. My next purchase will be a M-422A and then after that, I'm going to do what Lando did and get a custom G-1 made in their veg-tanned goatskin.

Ya, thanks Dracorex. The 422 is definitely on my want list, looks very nice. The mark 31 looks great also.
I'm going to see what these other two are like, then decide what's next. Definitely need a russet color.......this could go on for awhile....:(:eeek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred