Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gillette vrs Gillette

Blueberry

New in Town
Ok, I had the Mach 3, and it was comparable to the Schick Xtreme 3 blade. Then I got a Mach 3 Turbo in the mail. I found that the blades did cause less friction over the regular Mach 3 and I got less razor burn from it. I have not switched to anything else since.

Now they have the Gillette M3 with the vibrating handle. They say it lifts the beard. Does this really work? They also say the power glide is also better than the Turbo? One friend bought it and told me 'dont' waste your money'.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I thought it was a gimmick till I bowed the the marketing hype and bought one. I was IMPRESSED. It does feel like it lifts your beard. Then again, my beard is coarse, curly, and would put a goat to shame. It's a pain in the neck, literally.

So lately I have taken to growing it out. This is 6 weeks of growth.
pirate.jpg

Most of the folks here think I look better sans beard, and I am inclined to agree. I will probably go to my barber on Friday morning and get him to straight razor it off.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I'm not sure exactly what you mean, Fisk.

BTW, don't let any small children see that picture above, lest they be blinded for life LOL

Dalexs

Practically Family
Ch ch ch CHIA! (humming a little tune in my head :D )

While I haven't bowed to the marketing of the "vibrating" razor yet, I did move on to the Mach3 Turbo and absolutely love it.
It's given me the best shave so far.

And Fisk, it would probably help if you used shaving cream and NOT Johnny Walker! LOL

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I tried the Mach 3 when it first came out, and promptly threw it away, as it did a lousy job of shaving compared to the Sensor Excel.

Brad

BD Jones

One of the Regulars
Re: Re: You just had it upside down

Originally posted by Canadave
And this, my friends, is why I DON'T post my picture!

:D

David

Lucky for me I already have a beard so I'm safe . . . maybe
xyxnervous.gif

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
No hitting below the belt

Originally posted by zeus36
So, what if my girlfriend wants to shave her bikini line with one of those vibrating razors? Do I need to be worried about being replaced?

Sorry, I wouldn't be of any use in commenting in "That Department".;)

I saw them at the store, and they were somewhat expensive, and needed an AAA battery.

Any in field results out there?

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
I'm not a fan of the Mach 3 either. It does give a nice shave but I always have trouble manuvering the giant head underneath the area where my nose and face meet.

Feraud

Bartender
a Safety Razor man..

I have been using my dad's safety razor since I was about 17. I have tried disposables but was disappointed. I did not get a good shave and thought the idea of 2, 3 or 5 blades was a marketing brainstorm.

Are these new disposables really that good?

Oh, and until this day my dad still wonders what happened to his razor. Let's keep this quiet.
:)

Retro Grouch

One of the Regulars
All this talk of razors reminds me of this article.

Razor Funny

When not using a Braun electric, I still use the first razor given to me. It's a single blade, injector Schick Stick. It still has the shifter knob on the end.:cool: Other than a '49 Gillette safety razor and an old ivory handle straight razor, I don't use much else for the morning self sacrifice.;)

Blueberry

New in Town
Re: a Safety Razor man..

Originally posted by Feraud
I have been using my dad's safety razor since I was about 17. I have tried disposables but was disappointed. I did not get a good shave and thought the idea of 2, 3 or 5 blades was a marketing brainstorm.

Are these new disposables really that good?

:)

The extra blades are a little closer to the beard, so they do cut closer. Some have said the first lifts the beard and the second and third cut.

But again my question is in regards to this new vibrating razor. Has anyone found it better than the Mach 3 Turbo? And yes the Turbo is better than the standard March 3. The blades are more gentle on your skin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points