Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gloucester Cheese Rolling!

galopede

One of the Regulars
Off to my local big event in a minute, the Cooper's Hill Cheese Rolling in Gloucester UK.

Many total idiots throw themselves down a very steep hill (1 in 1 near the top) chasing a cheese!

Always entertaining! Here's a video from 2009:

[video=youtube;KOyQBSMeIhM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOyQBSMeIhM[/video]

Gareth

You also have to the love the guy in the cow outfit - he has an emotional connection to the cheese.

(This is as marginally related as you can get to a topic.) I worked with a woman years ago who - in one of those silly office conversations that occur - said, "oh, I can't have cheese in my house." When I asked why - expecting an allergy reason - she said, "I can't control myself and I just eat it - all of it, no matter how much there is." Always cracks me up when I think about it.

(Second tangential comment) I saw a story on the news once that in Italy, when parmesan cheese is being made, the huge wheels of cheese are rotated and dusted once a week (I think) by a machine. It's very cute, this large machine comes buy, take the cheese wheel out, dusts it, rotates it and puts it back on the shelf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto