Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Go! Go! Speed Racer!

Dalexs

Practically Family
Entertainment tonight did 3 or 4 shows on the movie recently.
If you look around, you can find the YouTube clips of the segments.

Looks very cool!

Although Speed looks kinda goofy while driving the Mach5!

vintage68

Practically Family
The first Halloween I remember was when I was maybe five or six years old and I dressed up as Speed Racer....

As an adult I'll have to see it otherwise my younger self would be disappointed.

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
I always loved SR

As a kid, I used to stand in front of the TV and hold my toy car up and close one eye, as if my car was on the screen....

I loved that show!!

I remember there was a video from back in the 80's called "take on me", which always reminded me of a Speed Racer yet it had motorcycles...

Ah the good old days of early anime!!!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Badluck Brody said:
I remember there was a video from back in the 80's called "take on me", which always reminded me of a Speed Racer yet it had motorcycles...

Well 'Take on Me' was rotoscoped in fabulous 80's flair, Speed Race was excruciatingly hard to watch because of the painful OVER use of beyond limited animation. I would have rather read a comic then have to wait for whoever was on the screen to attempt to simulate some sort of movement. :eusa_doh:

In that respect I felt cheated, and never finished watching an episode because of it.

LD

Mr.Stevenson

New in Town
Speed Racer is directed by the Wachowski brothers right? Interesting choice of theirs.

I have to admit I was a big fan of all the various animated speed racer shows that were produced. However, the trailer of Speed Racer lowered my excitement level for this film. Admittedly, I will watch it, if not in theaters, on DVD for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ