Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GOING TO BCF ON 11/14/06

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Will be visiting BCF on 11/14/06. Will being talking to management about meeting our needs. Anyone who would like to update their wish list can PM me and I will do what I can. Indicate size, color, cost and if you want me to provide ribbon and bow treatment for free, specializing in 3/8" grosgrain, and any bash you would like me to attempt, (keeping in mind that this is NOT Art Fawcett your dealing with) Cost to you would be hat actual cost plus priority shipping. Bash and ribbon and bow would be no charge. I'm planning on getting a black hat at this time with hopes of making it work as a everyday beater with ribbon, bow and bash treatment. Hope to get it done, pictures and posted for your appraisal. BCF always seems to have a lot of black hats. I love challenges.

dean

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
PM BOX FULL

I was going to PM you but your box is full. Here is the message -

Greetings,

I'd be very interested in something from BCF. I liked the hat in this http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=7658&highlight=burlington thread a lot as well as the one you purchased and displayed in http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=12878 this one.

I wear a 7 5/8, XL, (61-62cm). Please let me know any other information you may need from me or anythign else I could do to help. And, really, thanks for the consideration.

Sincerely,

Jeff aka Mr. Lucky

PS - Black would be fine. Any color BUT brown and grey would be fine.

Rick Blaine

I'm in

should you come across anything similar to what your sporting in yr. avatar in a 7 3/8 or 7 1/2 or something like this :
hat2.jpg
I have enough black in my current wardrobe but a brown, oatmeal (like dalexs' above), rust or blue would do the trick. And thanks Dean, this is really above & beyond.:eusa_clap

jml90

One of the Regulars
Dean see what you could do in just about any color. Though gray is ideal. Black could be used aswell as browns. Thanks

deanglen

THROUGH PATIENCE...

And repeated visits to BCF, I'm sure something will turn up. If nothing this time, we hust need to hang in there! Don't get discouraged. With the shopping season coming, I feel sure they'll be re-stocking. I will never stop visiting them, so if not this week, maybe next, meaybe the next after that. Thanks for bearing with me.

dean

Dalexs

Practically Family
Sorry I didn't show up in this thread or the other one sooner.
I sometimes breeze over threads and don't even see them.

I'd be interested to see what you come up with in your talks with BCF.

A few of us have determined that BCF most likely are using Tonak rabbit fur bodies. The 4 that I bought over the course of 3 years, were all from Czech Republic.

The selection, as you have discovered, is totally hit or miss.
When these first showed up on the scene about 4 years ago, I hit 3 different stores and only found 2 worth buying.

The felt varies from hat to hat. Some super thick and stiff, others thin and floppy as heck.

The hat in the image above isn't the BCF. I accidently named the file the same.
That one is a differnt body.

newhat.jpg

This one is the totally reworked 16.95'er.
I tore completely down, washed and reblocked it. Added a new vintage ribbon and hatliner.

A little extra work, but the payoff is big.

I was in my local one this weekend and happen to see a bronze colored one, really soft. It was a size medium, but with plenty of brim to size it up.

Who said they were looking for one in that color?

Good luck.

Dalexs

deanglen

Dalexs said:
Sorry I didn't show up in this thread or the other one sooner.
I sometimes breeze over threads and don't even see them.

I'd be interested to see what you come up with in your talks with BCF.

A few of us have determined that BCF most likely are using Tonak rabbit fur bodies. The 4 that I bought over the course of 3 years, were all from Czech Republic.

The selection, as you have discovered, is totally hit or miss.
When these first showed up on the scene about 4 years ago, I hit 3 different stores and only found 2 worth buying.

The felt varies from hat to hat. Some super thick and stiff, others thin and floppy as heck.

The hat in the image above isn't the BCF. I accidently named the file the same.
That one is a differnt body.

newhat.jpg

This one is the totally reworked 16.95'er.
I tore completely down, washed and reblocked it. Added a new vintage ribbon and hatliner.

A little extra work, but the payoff is big.

I was in my local one this weekend and happen to see a bronze colored one, really soft. It was a size medium, but with plenty of brim to size it up.

Who said they were looking for one in that color?

Good luck.

Dalexs

I've seen your handiwork, Dalexs, and must repeat, it's inspiring! You were mentioned in a thread I started when I posted my BCF finds. I hope to get more info we can use to get some hats that can provide a nice "vintage" look on a budget. It's fun to be able to modify them, too, as your pictures show, it is worth it. I'm making trips to the store here a regular thing, and hope to run across some winners soon! Don't know who wanted bronze. Looking forward to gleaning some great Tonak rabbit fur felt!

dean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn