Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Golden Age Motorcycle Clothing

Hello everybody. I'm Mike, a new Fedora Lounger. I wanted to introduce myself and show you some of the new products I am now making. For ten years now I have been in the business of historically accurate motorcycle clothing spanning 1900-1950. I focus in American made products and extreme historical accuracy. I thought you might like to see a range of what I am working on. I would love to hear your thoughts and questions. I look forward getting to know you all.

www.goldenagemotorcycleclothing.com

• News Boy Hat
  • 1914 Snap Front Cannonball Sweater.
  • Heavy Harness Leather Kidney Belt
  • Horsehide and Shearling Motorcycle Mackinaw
  • 8-10oz Canvas & Horsehide Jodhpurs
  • USA Made Motorcycle boots since 1870 (Not Pictured)

Profile%20FL_zpsfazv5ecr.jpg

I didn't see price info either. I love that jacket. Looks just like the Penny's I have long coveted!
IMG_1939.JPG

Xopher

A-List Customer
Ive actually gotten to see a lot of his stuff in person, its really nice! I play a concert every year at the National Triumph Rally in Oley Pa, and he has a booth there with all the boots, sweaters, hats, and jackets. I got to try that jacket on, it is really sharp, I thought it would be stiff but it was surprisingly easy to move in and the cut was really nice in terms of movement too. The horsehide was a lot like the Aero Jerky, might even be the same tannery Im not sure. He did say it was veg tanned which perked my ears up. He said you can get it in almost any configuration you want, leather choice, color, shearling type ect. A little bit difficult to price until you make a list of exactly what you want.

I think its the same with the sweaters too. I'm planning on having him make up some sweaters for my music business with my business name in letters sewed on the back. For that its a base price plus a charge for each letter sewed on, so depending what all is on the sweater, Ive seen them be between $200-450. The one motorcycle group that goes to the rally I mentioned has a bunch of them, so he does a pretty big discount for a multiples of them. I forget how many but it was something like if you get 6 or more they are 20% off. There was a car club I met at one of my gigs, they had his sweaters too, really classy. A bunch of different color combinations too.

He had both wool and acrylic sweaters the last time I talked to him about it, I think I'm going to go with the acrylic just for sake of washer/dryer safety. Since so much of what he does is custom Ive found it best to get a good idea of what you're looking for and then give him a call for prices.

I just recently ordered a custom pair of strapped tanker boots from him, Im cant wait for them to get here, if they are anything like the display model he had, they are easily gonna be the nicest boots I own.
http://www.goldenagemotorcycleclothing.com/strap_tank_boots.htm

AdeeC

Practically Family
Hi Mike, some very nice stuff. Particularly like your jacket. You should re-post this thread in the Outerwear forum where there is a lot of interest in vintage motorcycle gear.
Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto