Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Golden Bear Police Motorcycle Jacket Size 42

pgoat

One Too Many
Up for sale is a very cool Police style Motorcycle Jacket by Golden Bear of San Francisco. Black Leather with black quilted lining; waist area is lined with sturdy black suede. A rep from GB told me this jacket is still in production for the SFPD, and based on the label and tags, this is likely a very early example or possibly a shop prototype from the early 90s.

Features all heavy duty Scovill brass zippers, including two hip pockets and sleeves with a large paper clip style main zipper. Blackened out snaps on the lower lapel and front coin pocket. One inner chest pocket.

Condition is excellent, nearly new. Only signs of wear are:
  • A few tiny scuffs at shoulder and cuff areas, normal light wear.
  • One slight mark on back of left shoulder, about an inch long.
  • One extremely slight wear mark on left elbow.
  • Tiny blemish on the neck label, barely visible in photos.
It's labeled a size 42 and fits true to size imo, although it has a vintage style taper (athletic fit, roomy shoulders narrowing towards waist, with some adjustment possible using side laces - Please note, leather laces shown here were changed to looser fabric lacings as seen in the Flickr album to allow full expansion of waist).

Please see measurements below (in Inches/mm):

Chest, pit-to-pit, zipped: 23.5/600
Waist (laces loosely snugged): 19.25/490
Shoulder-to-Shoulder seams, at top across back: 20/510
Sleeve, straight down outside, from top center shoulder seam to cuff: 25/640
Sleeve from center of neck (like dress shirt): 35.25/895
Hem (without Collar): 25/640

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Price is $175.00 plus shipping. Please PM with any questions re: shipping costs

More Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/44195255@N04/albums/72157709125209247

Last edited:

pgoat

One Too Many
Sunny but Brisk Thursday Bump. Fall weather is creeping in here in NYC...time to start breaking out the leather jackets again!

pgoat

One Too Many
Another final price drop - $150 plus shipping. If it doesn't sell, I'll consider it fate telling me to eat better and do some sit-ups...meanwhile, I replaced the fabric laces at the sides with some tan leather lacing. Much cooler than the fabric lace and given the brass Scovill zippers, it kinda works!

pgoat

One Too Many
Not super light weight but not very heavy either. Much lighter than Langlitz medium cow or Vanson Competition weight, for sure. Its closer in weight to a modern Schott Horsehide (as in the recent production 613). The quilted lining is still pretty warm, in the limited use I've had with it.

As stated above, I'd call it a nice athletic fit, not unlike older vintage jackets with a V taper. Difference being, this is closer to a true 42 imo, whereas a 1950s/60s 42 might be more like a 40 for many of us today.

I'm about 5'8" and weigh around 230 pounds, and it feels good to me in the shoulders and chest. It only starts to feel small as you go towards the bottom; I cannot zip it due to carrying excess weight around my waist/stomach (I really should be your weight). If you wear a 30 Waist in jeans, with your other stats, you should be a very good match for this. You'd maybe want to cinch the side laces in a bit if you are riding in it.

Space_cowboy

New in Town
Thank you, I'm looking for something a bit heavier in leather thickness. It is a great looking jacket however. Take care.

pgoat

One Too Many
Still not wearing this one, so it's bumped for holidays 2020! I ditched the tan leather laces (the look wasn't working, imo) and went back to black fabric lacing at the sides.

Price drop to $140.00, plus shipping to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB