Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Golden Era? How about Disco Era.....

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
I'd like to share with you my new 1970's denim 3-piece suit...I'm not sure how I feel about the bell bottoms, and I don't like the low waist on the pants, but I love everything else about this suit! Especially the jacket-belt and pleat backed :cool: Well, here are pics :)

im0010751tg.jpg

im0010769qp.jpg

im0010778yw.jpg

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Brim is okay, though for a 70's fedora you need more of a bucket shaped crown a narrower ribbon and a feather. You see overwelts and less bound edge hats.

Also it must match the suit's color.

If you are going more toward the modern, head for the eighties tropic.
I think you should lean toward Mr. Rork.
534977.jpg

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Smiles everyone...smiles...

Wouldn't a Western hat and boots look good with that ensemble?
... shades of 'Dallas'... Western hats and flares, I think,
are very complimentary- huh?, huh?...
If there's room to spare, let the trouser legs down a little more.
You have the height to carry this look off.

BT.

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
Well, while it is a70's suit, I'm not actually shooting for 70's when I wear it. I'm goin for style, and wear it like I'd wear any other suit, like my 40's suit, or my more modern suits. So I'm not puttin a feather in my hat :p

Wild Root

Gone Home
Denim should never have been used in a suit. I'm happy you're happy, but I'd never buy, let alone try on such an item.

The 70's were the tackiest time period ever! Comedic, not classy.
Just me,

Root.

PS. Lets see the belted back on that thing.

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
Actually, I think denim is a good material for a suit, its up there with wool in quality in my book. Its not like its a pair of jeans turned into a suit, the material is much nicer than Jeans. Now corduroy, thats something I don't like in a suit.... anyway, here's a pic of the belt back:

im0010920au.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Oh my gosh JP! That's great! I say, if their hair was done in the 40's style or maybe 30's it could pass for a vintage look! In the 70's and 80's the clothes were just bad knock offs of the good stuff.

Good to see the belted back KB! That's really not bad for a 70's job. The problem I have with the 70's belted back coats is that they didn't have the form like the 30's coats. Now, the 70's suit coats that had no belted back were really fitted like a 30's coat just with those nasty vents. Wonder why they couldn't just put a nice belt and some pleats in the back of one of those fitted coats. Oh well, it's the 70's and not much then made any sense.

I know the type of Denim that suit is made of. It's weird to the touch and it's ah, not really for me. Reminds me of a car sales man's outfit that smells of old cigarettes. I have seen some really weird stuff from the 70's and I just can't believe some of the stuff they made was really ever worn by any one.

KB, I'm really happy you found a suit you like to wear. Have fun with it man!

Root.

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
Not your cup of apostrophe? Okay... anywho, the jacket is actually better fitted to me than most jackets I have. I need to get pics of me wearing it with my grey cav, and I need regular dress shoes to wear with it, not my daily wear boots that just happen to be new enough to use. I'd really like a pair of spectators.... but thats probably another thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot