Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Golf sweaters

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Good Morning,

As there is quite alot of coverage about the game of Golf at the moment, I was wondering if anyone can answer a question I have about Golf Sweaters.

I have a number of these made in Scotland by Lyle & Scott, they have an "Eagle" motif on the chest, waist or sleeve. I also have some sweaters made by Pringle of Scotland which have a "Lion" motif again on the chest, waist or sleeves. Both of these two firms are based in the town of Hawick in southern Scotland which has other knitwear firms including Whites and Chas N Whillans. However I am confused because I have also seen sweaters made by a firm called "James Pringle", does anyone know if that is the same Pringle as Pringle of Scotland or if it is another firm with no connection apart from the name.?

tonypaj

Practically Family
Sorry, cannot answer your question, Nick Faldo used to wear that stuff, I kind of disliked it even back then. I am of a simple taste, Hogan is my man as far as golf clothes go. White shirt, grey/brown sweater, grey/tan slacks, black/brown shoes. Boring as they come, but to my eye what golf is all about, I've played 40 years dressed that way (well, obviously in extreme weather I wear waterproofs, dark blue). Hogan's cap was great, I prefer no cap, unless I play in heavy sunshine or rain. I usually wear a wide brimmed bucket hat then, not very elegant, but efficient.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou