Good suits never die!

Discussion in 'Suits' started by Wild Root, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Wild Root

Wild Root Gone Home

I have been asked by many friends of mine to the knowledge of if it is vintage or not. Here are a few pic?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s that I snagged off of ebay that demonstrate the look of a true vintage article. These are some very nicely photographed double breasted suits from the late 30?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s and early 40?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s. I hope these are some help to some of the new comers!

Enjoy!

2. Wild Root

Wild Root Gone Home

Yet another! And, there are more to come.

BTW, this suit is buttoned correctly

3. Wild Root

Wild Root Gone Home

Here is a nice mid 30's Belted/pleated back. This is the stuff dreams are made of!

I really like the fact that they had a close up of the fabric! Isn't that pattern insane? By insane I mean incredible.

4. Bogie1943

Bogie1943 Practically Family

I have a suit very simialr to that first one you posted, there is nothing like the look of a fine vintage suit!

5. Wild Root

Wild Root Gone Home

Really? Say, that?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s swell! Do you have any pictures of you in it? If so, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢d like to see.

Yes, there isn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t any thing like a true blue vintage suit to make a fellow walk down the street a little taller.

Cheers.

6. Wild Root

Wild Root Gone Home

Suits! More suits!!! Some have asked me if plads and stripes go together. I say they can if it's done right. Here's a photo of Bing Crosby sporting just that!

Regards.

Root.

7. Wild Root

Wild Root Gone Home

Stripes and solids are always a safe sport outfit! Like these band members are wearing as they perform in the street. Date? I would say mid to late 30's.

8. JumpinHowie

JumpinHowie New in Town

wow, those are some beautiful suits. I love the look up a DB suit that actually buttons up to the second button.

9. Wild Root

Wild Root Gone Home

Hey, you with the 82nd?

I get the feeling that you are in volved some how.:D Most bouble breasted suits in those days were six buttons. they buttoned up to the second for that nice high cut. The waist of the pants were to be as high as that button as well. This style is coming back but, the quality isn't.

Welcome to the club!

Root.

PS. This is a photo of Edmund Lowe from 1935. Killer looking suit.

10. Bogie1943

Here's that suit!

11. Bogie1943

It's a nice wool, fits really nice.

12. Bogie1943

Detail

13. Wild Root

Wild Root Gone Home

Hey, that's a nice suit there budy! Has the look of a vintage suit!
    I know where to find you a late 30's suit if you ever make it to Pasadena. Price is good as well.;)

Any pic's of you in it?

Root.

14. Renderking Fisk

Renderking Fisk Practically Family

The first suit looked afeminate?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ then I saw that it was buttoned on the wrong side.

The rest of those suits in any shade of brown {To match my Akubra Federation Deluxe: ?¢‚Ǩ?ìThe Best Fedora I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ve owned In Over 20 Years?Ǭ©?¢‚Ǩ?} I would buy in a heart beat. See guys?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ this is how a man is supposed to dress if he?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s not in Uniform. Actually, that is my civilian uniform.

15. Matt Deckard

Matt Deckard Man of Action

Nice suit.
    Plaids like that look awsome espcially in double breasted.

root... you need to post some pics of that one you had made up in Canada, and the Grey pinstripe you have.

You have the best outfits of any guy I know.

16. Wild Root

Wild Root Gone Home

Wow, :cry: I'm moved to tears. That's the nicest thing to say Matt. I will try and get some photos of my stuff up here soon. First I need to lose a few pounds LOL Yeah, I have let my self go over the last few months.

Highest Regards,

Wild Root.