Good Wear/Himel Bros. Collaboration Cafe Racer Jacket

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Fanch, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Awhile back I bought a Good Wear/Himel Brothers Californian Ventura in dark brown Shinki horsehide from John that is one of my main go to jackets due to the user-friendly way it looks, feels, fits, and drapes. My most recent acquisition from John was a 1963 original Irvin B. Foster USN G-1 that also fits me to perfection.

Although I am sufficiently jacket heavy to the extent I wiil not likely buy another leather jacket ever, I regularly scour John's sales page to see what might tempt me anyhow, and just noted he has five size 44 Buco Racers available that I suspect will go very quickly as most things do on his sales page. Anyhow I'm calling on five Lounge members to remove this latest temptation from my radar ASAP!

http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/sale_himelracer_0001.html

jonesy86 and sweetfights like this.
  2. Graemsay

Graemsay Practically Family

@Fanch just buy one. We're all enablers here, after all. :)

I saw these earlier. They look very nice, but are unfortunately (or fortunately for my bank balance) a size small.

Good Wear Himel.jpg

Fanch likes this.
  3. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

John, handsome devil that he is, does a far better job of pulling off the look while wearing that jacket than I ever could.:D

4. jonesy86

jonesy86 I'll Lock Up

Wow, that sure is a sharp looking jacket. Probably not long enough for me though. Plus, not sure if I could pull off wearing such a great bike jacket while driving my Prius.
    My HBD Vicenza is just starting to soften up nicely after a few weeks, but it is still too warm here to wear it much. For my next jacket I need to find something lighter. Maybe the soft Italian horsehide.