Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Goodwear Leather customer service

Brettafett

One Too Many
Guys, I just felt the need to say that Vickie and John have been fantastic!
My jacket is still a good few months away, its been a long wait, but the communications I have received to date has been extremely good.
All the replies I have received have been personal and well though out. No 'one sentence' rush reply jobs either. All my questions get thorough answers with some extra details, references and sometimes, pics. Nothing ever 'seems' bothersome or tedious.
Such a pleasure to receive customer service like this. No wonder they are THE standard others aspire too.
I just appreciate the time and effort these guys have made to 'connect' with me and answer my 'panderings' and vacillations... ;)
IMO heads above the rest.
There you go.

Mendelboaz, place the order now and consider it a 21st Birthday present.
All joking aside, Goodwear's customer service and dedication to creating phenomenal leather jackets is next to none!!!!
Vickie has always been very patient with my little tweaks, concerns, and sample requests....
John, well apart from being an artist, he's very easy to talk to and our conversations have been great!
Go Goodwear!!!

mendelboaz

One Too Many
No can do, I'm saving up for a trip 'round the world (leaving either July 2nd or somewhere in December, I'll be gone for a whole year) so I should keep the money where it's at right now: my pocket. Hard as it is, I was craving a pair of White's Bounty Hunters up until a few days ago :(. Life can be hard sometimes.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The Good Wear Siren calls every so often - usually after a glass of red on a Friday night and flick through the jacket list.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
No can do, I'm saving up for a trip 'round the world (leaving either July 2nd or somewhere in December, I'll be gone for a whole year) so I should keep the money where it's at right now: my pocket. Hard as it is, I was craving a pair of White's Bounty Hunters up until a few days ago :(. Life can be hard sometimes.

You gotta admit: a Goodwear jacket would be a helluva thing to wear when going round the world!

Sloan, I think our experience with Goodwear is akin to your Aero outings. Most jacket companies don't allow such open access for the general public.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
You gotta admit: a Goodwear jacket would be a helluva thing to wear when going round the world!

I am very well aware of this and I would love to (along with getting a pair of John Lofgren's Engineer Boots) but I cannot possibly justify the cost, and my jacket would probably end up getting stolen in a hostel somewhere. As much as I'd love to bring a leather jacket on my trip, for fear of theft I choose not to.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I've been inside the laier personally. I can't echo loud enough how great they are.

Foster

One of the Regulars
Goodwear has always been both friendly and professional in all the correspondence I have had with them. I don't know how they do it, but they have always been first class. That's impressive, as they have to deal with some very OCD customers (like myself) and they never seem to lose their cool.

Peacoat

Bartender
So, what role does Vicky play? When I got my A-2, he was a solo ship. I knew he had contemplated getting some help, but didn't know he had done so.

devilish

A-List Customer
Vickie handles a lot of the administrative work. She answers most of the initial emails, deals with billing etc. She is as great as John is. They make a brilliant team. Can never say enough good things about the way they handle their business. Pure class all round.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Vickie handles a lot of the administrative work. She answers most of the initial emails, deals with billing etc. She is as great as John is. They make a brilliant team. Can never say enough good things about the way they handle their business. Pure class all round.
+1
Behind every great man....

thor

One Too Many
image.jpg image.jpg
Picked up this beauty (the jacket, not John, no offense to Mr. Chapman, LOL!) on sale and had the jacket in my hands 48 hours after my first e-mail to Vickie. Awesome customer service and both she and John are truly first class people!
Jacket is a size 48 Aero model made with an "experimental" thick yet soft and grainy steerhide which is magnificent! Wearing it every day/all day at work.
GW customer service is the best!

Tsongkhapa

New in Town
Thor, very nice looking jacket. I got samples of the steer hide and was quite impressed.

Although my order is still quite a way off in the queue at GW, I, too, have been amazed at how responsive and wonderful Vickie and John have been. No question, concern, or worry is too small for them to address thoroughly. They make the whole process of choosing the model of your jacket, size, materials, etc., a lot of fun while you excitedly wait with eager anticipation in the queue. They are both absolutely top notch and first class, and in my mind between the art of the jackets and the first rate customer services, worth every single penny.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 19262 View attachment 19263
Picked up this beauty (the jacket, not John, no offense to Mr. Chapman, LOL!) on sale and had the jacket in my hands 48 hours after my first e-mail to Vickie. Awesome customer service and both she and John are truly first class people!
Jacket is a size 48 Aero model made with an "experimental" thick yet soft and grainy steerhide which is magnificent! Wearing it every day/all day at work.
GW customer service is the best!

Oh man Thor. I'd be over the moon with that one. Beautiful. Congrats.

thor

One Too Many
Thanks fellas! The hide is distressing nicely in the high wear areas and rapidly taking on a nice patina. The jacket looks and feels very organic and has a distinct hand-made quality about it (unlike some other maker's jackets where the construction is almost too mechanical, too "perfect" and the chrome tanned hide too uniform, if I'm explaining it clearly). Jacket just feels "real" and already has a unique character about it. Even if it's a "sample" hide, it's got that GW pedigree and it's my new favorite!

I feel darn lucky to have gotten my greedy little paws on it when I did :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk