Goodwear Modoc - My Precious!

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by diabel, Jan 27, 2021.

1. jonbuilder

jonbuilder My Mail is Forwarded Here

Nice jacket all around. John has your fit nailed congraduations

2. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

That's a hell of a jacket. Very beautiful work.

Spiney likes this.
  3. jonesy86

jonesy86 I'll Lock Up

Nope, wrong. I think John should make all his test jackets in my size, especially a Mojave, and a Modoc. :)

JDelage and El Marro like this.
  4. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 I'll Lock Up

Always nice to see a Goodwear out and about. A very nice one too! I use to see and buy Goodwear civilian jackets, use to see A2s. I haven't seen any of them recently.

John's work is John's work. John's leathers/finishes are always the Best. He certainly does know what he is doing, what he wants. I believe he gets his leather from people who know and respect his work. He is not a secret, he just doesn't get away from his sewing machine often.

5. CBI

CBI One Too Many

top of the food chain - looks super

Frank Castle and sweetfights like this.
  6. diabel

diabel Familiar Face

Couple of the fit pics. IMG_0055.jpg IMG_0056.jpg

Vezio, jonbuilder, Cornelius and 10 others like this.
  7. jeo

jeo Practically Family

Wow, really nice fit on that! Better than I was expecting quite honestly. That's exactly how I like my jackets to fit. Slim, short, cool. Well done!

sweetfights likes this.
  8. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

Honestly it looks great and congratulations on winning the GW lotto in only 2 years!

I can't help but feel even stupider now for waiting just under 6 years before cancelling on my Modoc order....

oh well, the consolation is that with the slimmer fit you got (which I probably would have gone for as well) it looks even more like my ELMC Californian than I would have expected so I effectively saved a bucket load of cash replacing nice fitting jacket which I really like anyway with one that looks virtually the same.

IMG_0055.jpg IMG_1170 2.jpeg

9. diabel

diabel Familiar Face

Honestly nothing compares. Hence, I hope that JC hires help (to gather customer specs, order supplies, keep track of schedule, assure proper fit through trial jackets, etc.) so that customers like you don't have to wait 6 years and give up.

ProteinNerd and powerserge like this.
  10. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

I still feel guilty for having snagged so many from John’s page. I certainly couldn’t wait that long for a full custom. Those who do, however, (including the owner of this fabulous jacket) are rewarded quite heavily!

11. Downunder G Man

Downunder G Man One Too Many

Perhaps the "all samples in size 44" could also be partly explained by the "everyman" size being 44"

Obviously not "everyman" is a 44 , but it must be close to the mode size ( the most often appearing size in the marketplace)

Any good used jackets in 44" seem to sell quickly , in the forum classifieds /ebay/Gumtree or wherever for sale.

12. Spiney

Spiney Familiar Face

It’s a beautiful jacket, no question. Nothing for me would be worth a 6 year wait. That’s just ridiculous.

13. JDelage

JDelage Familiar Face

I love that jacket. Congratulations!

14. photo2u

photo2u Practically Family

The jacket looks great on you. Congrats! I had that jacket but traded because it was a little big on me. However, Love the design and looks of it. Yours look like it will fit me perfect. I put my self in line if you for what ever reason would like to trade or sell. LOL

15. diabel

diabel Familiar Face

I still love the jacket. Honestly there is no reason to sell. Such a jacket you keep in the family and one day you may give it to your son. Perhaps you could reach out to John as ask him to make you a trimmer version like mine?

photo2u likes this.
  16. J Leather Investigater

J Leather Investigater One Too Many

Simple 44 is johns size. I have bought a sample before (usually made in practice hides) Italian hh, cow, cxl. And usually states the hours of wear on it. I recall him telling me he wore it to the store a couple times.

El Marro likes this.