Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Goodwear Monarch Light Russet fit

Gav

Practically Family
Hey dudes
Got this Goodwear Monarch from tiltrotorfyer via the classifieds. Great Guy, perfect service. Beautiful jacket of course, very different beast from my Aero J106..... but.... is it too snug though? Am I kidding myself???
This is my first A2
Fit pics:
open
25720005842_3a32ed07d3_c.jpg

25540288190_a836086a55_c.jpg

25814939246_c5765f367f_c.jpg

25745883261_3f3f3cc0d1_c.jpg

zipped
25210493434_f427c71754_c.jpg

25210465584_1150580161_c.jpg

25540283680_be3c54948d_c.jpg

25214356603_fc73856dcf_c.jpg

Gav

Practically Family
Huh? What is wrong with the jeans and shirt? Didn't put my belt on so jeans slouched down if that's what you mean...?

xmr

One of the Regulars
Great fit! And a chambray shirt paired with dark denim looks great imho. No idea what's wrong lol

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
A belt would help, but both shirt and jeans are a bit... taut. The jacket looks good, though, so nice score there.

Gav

Practically Family
Oh well I'm a big lad.
Neither are tight though that is for sure. It is probably because I tucked my shirt right in just before the picture.
Anyway, I'm not sure I'd ask you for fit advice on jeans and shirts Sloan...

Gav

Practically Family
well that makes no sense to me... but thanks for the input.

well, I see how your jeans to fit in your b-15 thread, mine certainly fit very different to yours... sure.

well that makes no sense to me... but thanks for the input.

well, I see how your jeans to fit in your b-15 thread, mine certainly fit very different to yours... sure.

Lol Gav, I was only kidding. I don't see anything wrong with your jeans other that they're awesome.

Gav

Practically Family
Thanks monitor, I wasn't responding to you... I guessed you were kidding.

TBH Im still somewhat perplexed.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
It fits well for an A-2 I guess which are supposed to fit tight. I 'm no fan of the tight fit of the most A2 contracts though. I'm a proud minority around here who likes his flight jacket baggy. And I think a guy your size would look pretty damn good in a baggier, bigger jacket/style too.

Another thought, My Vanson Stadium is just as long and even though I gave it all the love I could, I rarely wear it these days because I feel more comfortable with a bit longer jackets. I ended up calling Alan earlier this month and ordering his G1 style flight jacket which is roughly 2" longer than the Vanson. I guess once it arrives, my Vanson will never be worn again. I'm telling you this because you appear to be similar to me in what you are wearing. Modern jeans and styles and buying the leather mostly for the longevity rather than being a real vintage fan.(Please correct me if I'm wrong!) Also, you're currently selling your Aero where you initially questioned the length, too.

Reactions: Gav

Gav

Practically Family
It fits well for an A-2 I guess which are supposed to fit tight. I 'm no fan of the tight fit of the most A2 contracts though. I'm a proud minority around here who likes his flight jacket baggy. And I think a guy your size would look pretty damn good in a baggier, bigger jacket/style too.

Another thought, My Vanson Stadium is just as long and even though I gave it all the love I could, I rarely wear it these days because I feel more comfortable with a bit longer jackets. I ended up calling Alan earlier this month and ordering his G1 style flight jacket which is roughly 2" longer than the Vanson. I guess once it arrives, my Vanson will never be worn again. I'm telling you this because you appear to be similar to me in what you are wearing. Modern jeans and styles and buying the leather mostly for the longevity rather than being a real vintage fan.(Please correct me if I'm wrong!) Also, you're currently selling your Aero where you initially questioned the length, too.

Thanks! I think what made me question it was that I was expecting it to fit looser than it does. I'd probably like to try on a roomier fitting contract some day.
My J106 was my first leather jacket and I am totally comfortable with the length now. I'm selling it because I think the FQHH is too heavy for my liking to wear off the bike (which I no longer own), I think the shoulders are a bit wide on me and I prefer a higher arm hole on a jacket generally so I dont think I'd get much more use from it.
Generally I wear Japanese repro denim brands, the jeans above are RMC, as is the chambray... in fact most of my wardrobe seems to be RMC these days.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Looks nice; I saw tiltrotorflyer's listing in the classified for his three jackets that all appear to have sold.

Bern1

One of the Regulars
Looks like the right fit for an A2. If a proper military repro, they are designed and cut to fit like that. Anything bigger would be a mistake. I've been there, done that and paid the price!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana