Gotta stop buying jackets....

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by majormajor, Mar 21, 2013.

1. majormajor

majormajor One Too Many

I have just 5 leather jackets. Chickenfeed really.

But I have over 20 Vintage Denim ones.

Last night, I said to myself - enough is enough....

Today, I just bought another frigging Denim jacket!

Does Jackets Anonymous exist? If not, why not????:eeek::D;)

2. Foster

Foster One of the Regulars

Because the smell of fresh leather and crisp denim causes the rash to break out again. At least you've given me a goal to work toward, I'm not up to 5 leather jackets. Not yet.

3. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Give it up. You can't quit. None of us can.

4. SGB

SGB One of the Regulars

Well, you can do like I did and move to stinkin' hot Arizona and not need to wear a jacket more than a few days a year. Makes it easier to cull the herd. Which I have done. I had over 100 leather jackets 10 years ago, now done to about 30, and I've only bought perhaps 3-4 in the past few years. Of course now I have 350+ Hawaiian shirts!:cool:

5. majormajor

majormajor One Too Many

Hawaiian shirts? Don't even talk to me about Hawaiian shirts.......

I think the bloody things reproduce!! There is NO WAY I bought that many!!:beer:

6. bretron

bretron Call Me a Cab

That's one hell of a pile of vintage denim! I'd love to see the variety- i only own one (an early little e type III) which is beat to perfect hell, to include the underwhelming smell of armpit death when it gets wet (thanks to the original owner). No way in hell ill ever wash it tho, the fades are amazing.

7. majormajor

majormajor One Too Many

Bizarrely, the one denim jacket I don't own is a Levi type III.

I had a denim one and a cowhide one, back in the 60's, when we first discovered them in the UK, but I haven't got round to one recently (and the tiny size I took then is a bit of a joke these days).

So, that's another one I need.....aaaargh:crazy:

8. dadonn

dadonn New in Town

Well I just came aboard this particular bandwagon and I'm a little worried about what may ensue. I've probably got 20 pieces of outerwear thats been paired down from around 40. And, I swear to the man upstairs, it happens strangely often that I feel I don't have an appropriate jacket for whatever the weather or occasion may bring. My raincoat collection did consist solely of a lightweight khaki that goes below the knee. I since got a belted waxed cotton and still feel I need a raincoat, car coat length would be good to have...maybe with a removable lining. Loro Piana storm system does a waterproof cashmere so maybe I could blow off the raincoat and get a multi use jacket etc. ad nauseum. I know I have to more to sell than I do to keep and now this vintage leather thing is gaining traction in my head.

Dave

PS- Wait, I forgot- I gave away a heavier weight khaki raincoat and have a brown Zegna raincoat that's got a removable lining. Completely forgot about it...but it's too long. ;}

9. Monte

Monte A-List Customer

I can relate being from a similar parallel...I gotta have my jackets, sport coats, peacoats, overcoats, felt hats, etc. It's just harder to fit in to the small town crowd around here, though. I usually try to trade up and get rid of old leather jackets that I know I won't wear anymore.

10. bretron

bretron Call Me a Cab

:lol: chasing the dragon, my friend. Me its that I need one russet HH A2 one in seal, a goatskin one, a black half belt, a d pocket, etc etc... Never stops man

11. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

That's a lot of nipple snaps...

12. SGB

SGB One of the Regulars

I know, I made the mistake of actually counting them last year, that's when I came up with 350+, and I have added since then and won't count them ever again. Living in the desert does allow me to wear them a lot, so of course I always have to have more.

13. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Hawaiian shirts rule. No question about it.

14. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Suddenly I feel membership to the club was breached. What next, Crocs? lol

15. Cooperson

Cooperson One Too Many

It's a full blown addicion, do doubt. How often do you recieve a new jacket, thinking at last it's going to give you some peace from the constant craving. In just a couple of days, you're back searching sale pages and auction sites to find the *real* Grail. We're all doomed :(

Can't hang around, I've couple of empty hangers need filling :)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  16. Pushrod

Pushrod One of the Regulars

Repeat after me:
    There are many jackets out there but this one is mine:cool:

17. schitzo

schitzo Suspended

Christ is that is what I have to look forward to!? :eeek:

18. schitzo

schitzo Suspended

What about dry cleaning . That wouldn't mess with the fades would it, or would it?

19. bretron

bretron Call Me a Cab

In my experience dry cleaning doesn't get rid of body odor. The smell has significantly dissipated over the years, but in certain conditions I still feel like a dirty hippy when wearing it . I just tell myself that it adds to the character of the jacket:D

20. schitzo

schitzo Suspended

lol if you can live with it then fair enough. But surely a thorough dry clean would do something? And if not you could take it back and say 'yo this jacket still reeks of BO you need to clean it again' - and repeat, until it's BO free

Still, it's funny to see what guys will put up with for the sake of a cool jacket