Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GRAIL! Classic Vintage 3/2 Ivy League Camelhair Jacket from The Andover Shop. c. 40L

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
GRAIL! Andover Shop 3/2 sack in Camelhair

Tagged 40L, this lovely jacket measures:

Chest: 21
Sleeve: 26 1/8 (+1 1/4)
Shoulder: 17 3/4
Length: 31

As you'd expect from The Andover Shop this is absolutely beautiful! Cut as a classic 3/2 sack from first-rate camelhair, this has a lovely fluid lapel roll and beautifully narrow lapels--as befits a jacket that likely dates from the 1960s.

It is fully canvassed and half-lined, and features lapped seams across the shoulder and down the center back. It has a single rear hook vent, and two button cuffs. Naturally, it has very natural shoulders. It is a vintage jacket, and has some minor fading from age in the lining of the arms, as shown, and so it is in Very Good/Excellent condition.

This also has a MYSTERY LABEL!

It states that The Andover Shop has four locations: Hyannis, Osterville, Fort Lauderdale, and Palm Beach. There is no mention of either Andover, Mass., or Cambridge, Mass.--as far as I know the only locations that The Andover Shop has ever been. And it's very unlikely that this jacket is from another "The Andover Shop". Not only is the logo that of THE Andover Shop, but this jacket is so quintessentially Ivy it really couldn't have been sold anywhere else.

Hyannis, Osterville, Fort Lauderdale, and Palm Beach are all Ivy bastions.... So it is quite possible that during the heyday of Ivy Style The Andover Shop had the 1960s equivalent of "pop up" locations in appropriately Ivy stores in those towns--and this jacket was sold in one. And given that this is the first time I have seen a label like this in all my years of enjoying vintage Ivy items I suspect that this was a very short-lived retail experiment.

This might be one of the few chances left to secure an item from The Andover Shop. The Shop is currently for sale, and might well close.

Asking just $59, OR OFFER, boxed and shipped in the USA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21