Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great businessmans DATED DB suit Size 43 EXC+ Nov 18, 1952

Red Leader

One of the Regulars
Gentleman,

Wow, what a find. We have here a lovely businessman's suit straight from 1952, made by Mansfield for Cotrell's in Denver, CO. It is a local suit and most likely has stayed in Colorado most of its life. It is a light, muted blue/grey pinstripe in a medium weight worsted wool with medium drape. It is the perfect vintage-does-modern suit that a connoisseur could wear without sticking out or having the 'costume effect'. Indeed, this is the epitome of post-war, 1950's suits - designed to dress the 'American man', and completely blend in:D

PA050650-vi.jpg

The jacket is in the traditional 6x2 double breasted style, with a typical post war bold look button stance, with flapless hip pockets and slanted breast pocket. Skeleton lined. Has 1949 Union tag with red lettering and no (R). The pants have a hollywood waist, forward pleats, no cuffs and come with suspender buttons and coin/watch pocket.

This suit is in phenomenal condition. I can detect no tears, no rips, no stains, no moth holes, no stress areas, no ironing wear, not even any stains on the inside armpit lining. For all intents and purposes, it is like new and beyond reproach. Apart from the slightly 'vintage' wool smell, I cannot detect anything that would give away that this jacket has survived 60 years, 10 months, 2 weeks and 3 days:D

Here are the measurements:

Jacket-

43" chest
41" waist
25" sleeves (+1.5")
19" shoulders
32" overall length (including collar)

Pants-

36" waist (+.5")
41" overall length (+2.5")
28" inseam
10" cuff width (flat)

Please see pictures:

PA050641-vi.jpg

PA50673-vi.jpg

PA050643-vi.jpg

PA050645-vi.jpg

Close up showing fabric and buttons (color is slightly more muted and grey):

PA050647-vi.jpg

Suit needs nothing except a light pressing.

Price: $85 + $14 shipping to CONUS. If you are outside of USA, I'm willing to ship, I'll just get an exact quote for you.

Last edited:

Red Leader

One of the Regulars
Pictures of pants (this photo shows most accurate color rendition):

PA050652-vi.jpg

Seat of pants:

PA050655-vi.jpg

PA050653-vi.jpg

Stamped date inside underneath of pants pocket:

PA050654-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Forum statistics