Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great Day on TCM

Clyde R.

One of the Regulars
Wow...what a day of programming on TCM. Today we've had/will have The Maltese Falcon, The Uninvited, The Philadelphia Story, Guess Who's Coming To Dinner, Father of the Bride, and Topper! The Uninvited is my favorite ghost movie...so elegant and eerie and no cop-out ending. Good day to sit in front of the TV.

Feraud

Bartender
Yes it is a great day. I have to share the television with my wife but got to see The Uninvited! As great a ghost story film now as the first time I saw it. When (and if) I get control of the remote, I am switching back to TCM. ;)

Feraud

Bartender
Mr. 'H' said:
Feraud,

I love your new screen avater but I loved your old one more!!!

Complete explaination required please....

Please elaborate on:

1. Provinance of old picture
2. Provinance of new picture
3. Reasons for change over

Mmmmm....:eek:
Mr.'H' - thank you for that cool compliment!! Now to answer your requests...

1. Joe Cotten and Orson Welles in The Third Man.
2. Ray Milland in Lost Weekend.
3. I watched The Uninvited today on TCM and was reminded of how much I like the movie and especially Ray Milland! Now that you have me talking movies and Ray, I remember I have Beau Geste & Dial 'M' for Murder on dvd. I might have to watch one of 'em tonight in tribute to Ray.

The old one will be back eventually. ;)

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Feraud,

You seem to like Ray Milland. Have you seen The Big Clock in which Milland's hat becomes an important clue?

Harry Lime

Suspended
Awesome.

Feraud said:
Have not seen it jake_fink. Is it any good? On dvd? I have to surf on over to the imdb to check it out.. :)

The Big Clock is awesome despite it's somewhat mundane sounding name. One of the better noirs and Milland's character is great (as he is in The Lost Weekend.) I like both your avatars. Somehow the brooding sauced Milland feels right here. Plus I've got dibs on Welles at the moment (kidding.)

Harry Lime

Feraud

Bartender
Thanks for the info guys. The Big Clock sounds like something I would like and I have added it to my Netflix account. I will be watching it sometime this week.

Harry Lime said:
Plus I've got dibs on Welles at the moment (kidding.)

Harry Lime
Dibs on Welles? O.k. I was going for Joseph Cotten! :D ;)

Feraud

Bartender
Thanks too to jake_fink for the suggestion! :)

I consider myself lucky to have a decent, growing dvd collection. When I see a film I like I try to buy the dvd. Many classic films are moderately priced. $10 bucks is the average I think I pay for most films. That excludes box sets or popular classic films that are 'special editions'. I find it worth the extra money for something like Robin Hood or Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

photobyalan

A-List Customer
Forget day, it's a great MONTH on TCM.

In addition to the films already mentioned, some others coming up in the next three weeks are:

Key Largo
Lawrence of Arabia
North By Northwest
Oklahoma!
2001: A Space Oddysey
Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
The Graduate
A Fish Called Wanda
The Sting
Sorry, Wrong Number
12 Angry Men
The Devil and MIss Jones
Bad Day at Black Rock
Rocky
A Place in the Sun
Forbidden Planet
The Conversation
American Graffiti
The Last Picture Show
In Harm's Way

My DVR is going to be busy, busy, busy.

DronesDodz

One of the Regulars
I agree with everyone here, my wife and I also watched TCM!
It is still a riddle to me why they have aired Karate Kid on TCM a couple days ago???? I guess a real US classic eh? Oh well.
I especially enjoy Cary Grant, James Stewart, Kathie Hempburn and Rita Hayworth movies.
Christoph

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
DronesDodz said:
I agree with everyone here, my wife and I also watched TCM!
It is still a riddle to me why they have aired Karate Kid on TCM a couple days ago???? I guess a real US classic eh? Oh well.
I especially enjoy Cary Grant, James Stewart, Kathie Hempburn and Rita Hayworth movies.
Christoph

Hempburn...mmmmmm. In a pipe or roll your own?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ