Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great Fedora in a New Movie

Engr-Chas

Familiar Face
Yes, it is a nice hat. Art in Rodeo has it in his shop, it is a Penney's Marathon. Funny thing is, that it looks different in person, than it does on the screen.

gandydancer

Familiar Face
That particular hat seen in the ads for the movie on TV is what renewed my interest in hats. In fact the converted cowboy hat I posted links to in the early Quatermain thread was an attempt to capture the spirit without actually copying that hat. At Baron's prices it belongs in a museum, at Art's I could imagine getting one about the time he finishes his new house.

However, there are two reasons I don't think it is his. One, he said the hats for the new movie he is now working on are the first he has done for the leads. Two, he does not seem to like to do that wide a brim (I love it).

So what is the answer here?

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
It's Art's hat but he didn't make it. It is a vintage Penny's Marathon, I have several pictures of me wearing it when I visited Art last fall.

fedoralover

fedoralover said:
It's Art's hat but he didn't make it. It is a vintage Penny's Marathon, I have several pictures of me wearing it when I visited Art last fall.

Yep, that's the story. It fits me better than it fits you though Fed. :p
Brett is just taking advantage of the market I suppose. What is on his site is nothing like what the real hat looks like----that alone makes me sure he didn't make it in the first place. :p He sure knows how to get in from of something though. ;) :kick:

Regards to all,

J

Victor

One of the Regulars
I recent;y saw that movie and liked the hat very much as well. I had thought it was a Steson Open Road with a custom shaped crown

gandydancer

Familiar Face
Matt Deckard said:

Hum??? Something don't jibe.

They do not use one of a kind vintage hats for the star roles of major motion pictures. If something happened to the hat they would have to reshoot thousands, if not millions, of dollars worth of film. Art has agreed with me about that right here iin the lounge. Now for extras they use what they can get where they can get them, and Art seems to have a thriving business filling that need.

So, I can easily believe that Art provided hats for the film. But I can not believe they would risk shooting with only that one hat available for Jeff Bridges to wear.

Now it is possible they used the hat Art supplied as the design model for the hat Jeff Bridges wore in the movie. If that was so, it would explain the conflicting stories. Baron's would basically have been producing copies of Arts old hat (I kind of like the humor implicit in that idea myself, especially considering Art's statement of the condition. "For only $350, we will sell you this copy of a beat up old hat from JC Penny's").

gandydancer said:
Hum??? Something don't jibe.

They do not use one of a kind vintage hats for the star roles of major motion pictures. If something happened to the hat they would have to reshoot thousands, if not millions, of dollars worth of film. Art has agreed with me about that right here iin the lounge. Now for extras they use what they can get where they can get them, and Art seems to have a thriving business filling that need.

Well, believe it because the costumer's tag is still on the hat. It was the hat used in the film. Art could not get rid of it even a month or so after the costumer returned just in case some retakes of scenes were needed. ;)

Regards to all,

J

Sergei

Gone Home
Believe it as well. Below are two pictures from Art's shop. The first one has a tag, with all the scenes.

f9c9add2_jpg_orig-vi.jpg

f9c9adc9-vi.jpg

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Only one hat per The Man!!

Matt Deckard said:
I'd say beieve it as well. They did have more than one copy of the suits that Jeff Bridges wore in the movie, though from all I have seen and heard I think it's one hat.

The hat wasn't pristine in the movie.

I called Jeff Bridges this afternoon. They only used one hat. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points