Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great late 1940s SUIT - size 44 R ?

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Very nice, but the seller gives a chest actual measurement of 42". Other dim's indicate likely a size 40 or a tight 42

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ok, I just thought we could prevent a bidding "war" but I would be disappointed if this suit would go for major peanuts (like under 50$) and I wouldn't even know if it went to a fellow lounger. It's a free market after all[huh]

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
[huh]
Nobody else thought this was worth more than $52.42?

Yes,yes,yes. Now I feel responsible if you give up on humanity AGAIN. I wasn't sure about that suit. Pants a tad too short, jacket a tad to large and not enough shape at the waist. I figured that I love the 30s sytle more and woudl only go up a little over 50$. I would need to add aliteration costs and shipping to europe (I think between 30-40$) and so I quit and just went to bed. Sniper didn't work. It was around 3:45 in my timezone :rolleyes: Please forgive me :eek:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Got outbid by ONE DOLLAR :eusa_doh:
Not necessarily.

Ebay shows the winning bid to be one monetary increment above the second place bid when in fact the winning bidder may have set his bid/snipe at a substantially higher amount. For example: Say the winner of this suit was willing to go up to $300. They place their bid/snipe in at $300 and at auction end the second highest bid was $49. Ebay will show the winning bid as $50.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Not necessarily.

Ebay shows the winning bid to be one monetary increment above the second place bid when in fact the winning bidder may have set his bid/snipe at a substantially higher amount. For example: Say the winner of this suit was willing to go up to $300. They place their bid/snipe in at $300 and at auction end the second highest bid was $49. Ebay will show the winning bid as $50.

Yeah ... but still, the fact is that no other bidder (except for the winning bidder) felt that this suit was worth more than $52.26 to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112