Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great-looking vintage overcoat, double-breasted

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Congratulations. What a wonderful coat. Perhaps we should meet up in Berlin again and if you forget it in a pub like your umbrella I can have it ;)?

Buying winter clothes in summer is always a good idea because you can get it much cheaper.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Congratulations. What a wonderful coat. Perhaps we should meet up in Berlin again and if you forget it in a pub like your umbrella I can have it ;)?

:D :D :D

Buying winter clothes in summer is always a good idea because you can get it much cheaper.

I'm not so sure if this is alway true, at least with vintage stuff. It's always rare stuff, no matter if it's spring, summer, fall or winter.

Well, anyway. The next winter is sure to come and I'll be a happy chappy with that coat on me. ;)

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
I'm not so sure if this is alway true, at least with vintage stuff. It's always rare stuff, no matter if it's spring, summer, fall or winter.

Well, anyway. The next winter is sure to come and I'll be a happy chappy with that coat on me. ;)
It may be a little bit different with vintage, but I still think that many people are more likely to consciously look for winter coats when the weather is cold.

I'm sure you will be nice and warm in that coat. I've wanted a DB overcoat for a long time but I suppose I'll have to just wear my cape if I want something flashier than my loden coat.

Edward

Bartender
It may be a little bit different with vintage, but I still think that many people are more likely to consciously look for winter coats when the weather is cold.

That is my experience too. True, vintage stuff is rarer and has more folks watching it, but even so... My ELC 42 pattern Irvin I got on Bay for GBP300 (and it was like new - worn, I believe, twice according to the seller, and I wonder if it was even that). No one else bid and I won it for the start price. I bought it in early September last year before most folks were thinking cold weather.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Oh my...USPS!! :rage:

The seller shipped out two items on the same day but the post office obviously mislabled the parcels - my coat went to someone else, while his/her item was shipped off to me...oh dear!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Oh dear...

After more than two month the coat has finally arrived. What an ordeal that was! Halfway through the story I was more or less convinced that both the suit and the coat had gone lost.

The other buyer received my coat while his suit went to my address. I declined to accept the suit at the customs so they had to ship it back to the seller (which they did after almost three weeks!). After the other buyer finally returned my coat (not before he made sure that the suit was really on its way to him) the seller was now able to ship it back to my address - which took only five days. Fastest shipping ever, no less.

Anyway. The coat has now arrived and it's really nice. I'll take some photos over the weekend. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo