Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Greenbrier 'Vintage' MA1 Jacket

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Afternoon Gents,

Snowbound here in the good old UK at present (well as snowbound as we ever get).

I've just taken receipt of a Greenbrier 'Vintage' MA1 jacket in an XL (dated '93), got it cheap off eBay & apart from a very small grease mark on the sleeve it's mint! I've had my eye on one of these for a couple of years and when this one appeared I was curious & pulled that trigger.

Quality wise it exceeded my expectations & is about the level of the Alpha 'Vintage Series' in color, textiles and build quality. Don't expect wool in the interlining..its polyfil all the way but does make for a light wearer. Knits are nice and tight & the zippers all do their job correctly.

The cut is short like the originals and the shoulders and chest come in at 22" & 29" respectively, back length in the region of 25". Works for me at 5.10" and a 46 chest.

This is the blurb that accompanies them:

This US Made replica of the first model MA-1 has all the features of the vintage MA1 including:

• Heavy duty black metal zip.
  • Green nylon liner.
  • Front tab to clip the oxygen mask onto when not in use.
  • Two tabs with press studs on the front to hold wires.
  • Printed U.S. Air Force badge on the left sleeve.
  • Zipped pocket on left sleeve with pen slots on the outside.
  • Knitted collar, cuffs and waist band.
  • Made in America by Greenbrier Ind Inc.
A quick search showed these folk are selling them in the UK:

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/vintage-ma1-flying-jacket-by-greenbrier-ind-product,20131

If you are looking for a good wearable early MA1 orientated jacket you could do a lot worse.

Vintage-MA1-Flying-Jacket-Greenbrier-130617-1.JPG

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Deacon,

Got lucky there, vendor was also selling a Hockeye made 'Vintage' MA1 which are extremely nasty jackets IMHO. Purchased one once & immediately returned it :)

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Sounds you did well, and it's a good looking jacket. Glad the fit is good, I know you've had trouble with that in the past (well documented in this forum). It's getting hard to find affordable repro jackets these days!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points