Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Greetings all

the_imperialist

One of the Regulars
Salutations,

Tis me first debut, I have been lurking for quite a while, and have found this forum an invaluable resource, kudos to all you guys. Well, I know this isn't the bowler lounge, but I took the first plunge into 'non-modern' hats with a Bowler, and here's the results:

bowler1.jpg

bowler_front.jpg

bowler_inside.jpg

Does anyone know the approx. age? Thanks all, I appreciate any help and I look forward to being part of the community.

-The Imperialist

P.S. please forgive me, not very articulate right now...

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Nothing at all wrong with a bowler, Imperialist. It looks fantastic on you.
According to Robert Benchley, you can be quite expressive with a bowler. ;)
dscn0104.jpg

Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride.

Lee

D

dzacca

Welcome to Lounge Imperialist.

You are a lucky guy to live in New Zealand...

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Welcome!

That's a very nice bowler, and it tops that outfit perfectly! The watch chain is a very nice touch.

Sorry I can't help with info on the bowler, other then it looks great!

Cheers,
Tom

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Imperialist, you have the right idea with your ensemble for a stroller. You might consider black/white/grey houndstooth, check or striped trousers. You're very close to what the fellow in the lower left hand corner is wearing in the first picture below:

Easterdress.jpg

dbstrollershepherdcopyoh4.jpg

strollerandcutawaycopy1vb.jpg

I recently picked these up for just this purpose:

p1011054rt2.jpg

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
imperialist, Greetings and salutations to you! The things we most look for in this forum are variety and style, supported by pictures. You, my friend have delivered on all three counts! Keep up the good work, and enjoy the hobby.
:eusa_clap :cool:

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
AlanC said:
Imperialist, you have the right idea with your ensemble for a stroller. You might consider black/white/grey houndstooth, check or striped trousers. You're very close to what the fellow in the lower left hand corner is wearing in the first picture below:

Easterdress.jpg

Where did you get these pictures, Alan? Are they from a book? I like them. And the image of the man in the bowler finally pulls together the idea I've had for myself for years, but never fully realized. (I didn't even know where to look until I joined the FL.)

Lee

the_imperialist

One of the Regulars
Thank you all for the wonderful responses, shucks, you really know how to make a guy feel welcomed. :rolleyes:
Just please don't pun, I believe that causes cancer...:p

As for the hat, I found several tags on it:
Behind the sweatband on the hat itself
insidetag.jpg

And on the sweatband
linertag.jpg

The emblem doodad says:
Carrol John, Park Avenue at 7th St. New York, by John Cavanagh ltd.

Cheers,
the_imperialist

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MrNewportCustom said:
Where did you get these pictures, Alan? Are they from a book? I like them. And the image of the man in the bowler finally pulls together the idea I've had for myself for years, but never fully realized. (I didn't even know where to look until I joined the FL.)

They are Laurence Fellows illustrations from various issues of Esquire and Apparel Arts from the 1930s. Many consider them canonical in defining classic men's clothing. I am indebted to others who have done the work of scanning these and making them available. I am merely passing them on.

To get an idea of the sort of things they have in them, see this thread where Marc posted some Apparel Arts pictures, and this thread with some Esquire pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana