Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grenfel UK jacket purchase, no reponse, suggestions?

Retromoto

One of the Regulars
I'm very interested in making a purchase from Grenfell in the UK, I provided a completed form, supplied all information and asked a few technical questions about the jacket I wish to purchase.
No reply. When I sent the completed form, I was told it was sent and I would receive a reply in 48 hours, It's been 5 days....
Has anyone had success in ordering a piece of clothing from Grenfell? I really want the item, just need to get a response and directions.
Thanks,
G.

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I had never heard of the brand before, but there is something weird about it.
They don't have a real store, only third party, and if you check the stores that actually sell them everything is always heavily discounted and going for half the price of their own webshop.

Retromoto

One of the Regulars
I had never heard of the brand before, but there is something weird about it.
They don't have a real store, only third party, and if you check the stores that actually sell them everything is always heavily discounted and going for half the price of their own webshop.

Thanks for the reply, I've also noticed this. Since I'm in the US, I felt my best bet for purchasing would be off their Web store. It seems to be a upper end site and product line, I'm surprised I have not heard back from them. It's a bit disheartening that you've never heard of the brand and you're out of London.
Thanks,
G.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Certainly heard of the brand dating way back for outdoor clothing and traditional rainwear, very well known. I think they kind of went out of fashion in the 70s, or that was when more technical clothing took over, and older companies like this struggled.

Must admit I've not heard or seen of the brand since - looking at their website it looks like one of these traditional brands where the name has been bought and relaunched more ala Belstaff and the like. Not that unusual for a clothing brand not to have its own shop, they are selling through well known retailers, Oi Polloi and the like so are clearly legitimate.

I know it can be dificult to call a company when you are in another country but if it was me I'd maybe send a follow up message to their facebook, just in case they have email problems and didn't get your form. They seem very active on there.

Quite like some of the more modern designs on their site, high prices though.

- I just googled and looks like the ownership is something like this - http://uptowndandy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/the-grenfell-tradition.html

Last edited:

Retromoto

One of the Regulars
Certainly heard of the brand dating way back for outdoor clothing and traditional rainwear, very well known. I think they kind of went out of fashion in the 70s, or that was when more technical clothing took over, and older companies like this struggled.

Must admit I've not heard or seen of the brand since - looking at their website it looks like one of these traditional brands where the name has been bought and relaunched more ala Belstaff and the like. Not that unusual for a clothing brand not to have its own shop, they are selling through well known retailers, Oi Polloi and the like so are clearly legitimate.

I know it can be dificult to call a company when you are in another country but if it was me I'd maybe send a follow up message to their facebook, just in case they have email problems and didn't get your form. They seem very active on there.

Quite like some of the more modern designs on their site, high prices though.

- I just googled and looks like the ownership is something like this - http://uptowndandy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/the-grenfell-tradition.html
Thanks for the information and tips. I'm in hopes of acquiring one of their Classic Harrington Jackets with the Grenfell cloth in a normal cut, minus the waterproofing chemicals used in Harrington G9 designs I've seen at other retailers.
G.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ