Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guitars

karhu21

One of the Regulars
Terrific collection there alright.
Just wondering what year is the Tele and whats the guitar behind the Tele.
Are those De Armond pick ups?

karhu21

One of the Regulars
Sorry, just seen the info supplied on another post but a great collection alright.
The 53 Tele looks cool.
I was tempted some years back to buy a 1969 Gibson ES 345 SV which needed a refret
but the guy would not come down on the 1200 pound asking price. Since then have found a few
for sale here and there but those old style guitars of yours are hard to find and command serious
money!

karhu21

One of the Regulars
Curious looking bass alright. A sort of a cross between a Paul McCartney Hofner bass with an Ampeg style neck and headstock. The Japanese designs of the sixties and seventies were indeed weird and wonderful and quite a few sounded as good as if not better than the originals that they were copied from. Looks good!

AtlantaSpike

Familiar Face
The guitar with the white p90ish looking pickups is a 1960 Guild CE-100DP. It was a competitor to the ES-175. The pickups are single coil, and called "Franz" pickups in the collecting community. It was my stage instrument for a long time in a swing jazz group.

n1425784141_30194097_4136.jpg

/wait - perhaps you mean the big blonde gretsch 6193 Electro II, which has Dynasonic pickups that were made by DeArmond.

karhu21

One of the Regulars
Its a great looking guitar without a doubt. The only similar Guild I saw was a Guild Starfire belonging to a guy in an Irish showband way back in the seventies. The pickups were different though. Are the Franz PUs a standard fitment or fitted afterwards?

Cheers!

AtlantaSpike

Familiar Face
Up until about 1961/2. You see them from time to time with black covers, especially the early 50's ones. They came on the entire range of electric guitars until being supplanted by humbuckers. You do see early 60's guilds with Dynasonic DeArmonds, including Starfires.

karhu21

One of the Regulars
Hi there Spike,

Just checked out your video.
That guitar sounds hot.
Would love to hear how you came by these guitars. every time I see an old guitar case
I get curious and never let a junk shop go by.
I got a beautiful 71 Tele some years back and still have it!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Dang it. I'm late to the party, but I'll play. I've been playing bass for pay off and on since 1968 I usually just say since before Nixon was President. Here's my collection:

DSC00135.jpg

My five strings. Nothing much to note cept the Red Heartfield neck thru, hard to find. Also the Ken Smith, now sold for my son's college tuition and the First bass on the left. It's a true mystery bass. It says "Anderson" on the head but after contacting Anderson guitars they say the never made a bass much less a 5 string. It's a sweetie and a work horse. I've since added a custom made Michael Dosley 5. The guy made a few basses in-between making surfboards for a living.
DSC00132.jpg

My 4 strings.. here's where the bear chite in the buckwheat (hope I don't git in trouble). '68 Fender Jazz, '68 Les Paul Recording Bass, Kawai Alembic copy, Mark Leue Custom 4, Renaissance Plexi 4 (Real Rare!) and a custum jazz for work.

Hope you like

Worf

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Got a new bass off craigslist- matches my current go-to electric guitar. The bass is a 1978 Gibson RD Standard, the guitar is a 1977 Gibson RD Custom

RD.jpg

Last edited:

mr.slick

New in Town
Here's my little family.

From L to R

Gibson 'the fool' SG replica, it was Clapton's main guitar with Cream back in the sixties. Build and painted it myself.
Danelectro 59 DC Modified
Burny Les Paul Standard
Fender '62 telecaster custom
Epiphone EL-00

Cheers

Mark G

A-List Customer
Here's my little family.

From L to R

Gibson 'the fool' SG replica, it was Clapton's main guitar with Cream back in the sixties. Build and painted it myself.
Danelectro 59 DC Modified
Burny Les Paul Standard
Fender '62 telecaster custom
Epiphone EL-00

Cheers

Love the "Fool"

You should post some closer shots!

Romy Overdorp

One of the Regulars
Nice instruments y'all!
Here are some of my instruments

J. Turser
4354a7d3.jpg

1755c73e.jpg

Richwood
IMG_0521.jpg

Ukelele:
IMG_0524.jpg

Violin:
IMG_0511.jpg

Upright bass (It's my boyfriend's but I play as well as you can see :p)
l_a6d3ddd88e034267b8d577e2016dbc15.jpg

I've also got 2 harmonica's ( C and B flat), 2 recorders (soprano and alt), a Squier Bullet by Fender and a tin whistle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ